cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Raining again

Of all the June's and Julys I have spent in my life worrying about it not raining to the point it would make me sick I would've never never never thought it could be the other way. At least we were lucky enough to get our crops out but have not been able to tend to them and don't get me started on hay! We normally roll somewhere between 500-750 rolls per year and at this time have put up 67 that haven't been rained on and 53 of hay that laid out over a week in the field getting rained on. Sometimes it's hard to count your blessings.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Raining again

Send some our way JD.  Central Kansas.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Not just in Illinois
image.jpg
0 Kudos
Contributor

Shaggy. Have y'all really not been getting the rain? Man if I could I would send you all you needed. Just heard on news we have already received an inch more than the normal rain for the month of July in our area and it is July 10!
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

We aren't as bad as we've been in the recent past and I was able to get anywhere from .60" to 1.5" on all my farms over the past week, but we'd sure welcome a nice 2" soaker any time now.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Shaggy,  You can gladly have the next one that is coming here to NW Ohio......I have a feeling that we won't miss it.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

40-60 inches of rain since May 4th

Fields gutted. Roads destoyed. Mess every where. Huge PP acres

It's always worse somewhere.

Suck it buttercup
0 Kudos
Contributor

I don't know what "it" is but I prefer not to suck it thank you very much!

I hope you wanted to add up there?
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

http://www.accuweather.com/en/features/trend/food_costs_increase_rain_midwest_east_plains/49957657

Starting to get some press.  Is reality finally settling in?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Higher grain going to cause higher consumer food prices? Someone needs to remind this Mohler that food went up when corn hit 8 dollars and never came back down when corn hit sub 4 dollars. What a farce.