cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Real Life

Don't Know how I let thisone slip by - but what about IL ?  Hobby has been to peelers place - as I have to .  word is that the corn in ECIL is pretty dang good - And jabber's looks great to - well till they got that big rain a week or so again - lost some low spots - but still better than last .

You have done a good job shaggy -- or should I say half crop -- you keep getting them rains and it will be better than 90 .

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

From the other side of the world(Australia) I'm holding onto a lot I out wheat from last year. From what I keep reading (not just here) I tend to things of go to go bang. The only thing that worries me is that CBOT seems a joke these days so does the USDA and the only bigger joke is the Australian version I the USDA, ABARE.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

The US is expecting 90 million acres of corn and 80 million acres of beans.

The reason prices are low is that even with all the troubles everyone is reporting, we are still lset to have a big carry out.  Just not as big.  But plenty big enough.  And that is figuring in some optimisted demand figures that are not set in concrete, so we may not even need as much as we were hoping to use.

The trade has the corn priced this way for a reason.  If you think the trade is wrong, you should be buying corn.

Honored Advisor

I'm sure there are many folks buying corn........some will need that to fill their contracts.   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Advisor

Idelivered don't be so hard on Time.  He gives alot of beneficial info to this board that many appreciate.  He is correct in abstract that the corn belt is a huge area and many parts of it have good corn.  With the demand we have every corner of the corn belt counts though, and this is the heart of the corn belt having the problems.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Time - I think you're missing the point here. 14 BBL is achievable with good growing conditions all over the corn belt. The trade is supposedly trading a corn crop in the 13.8 BBL area which still produces a 2 BBL carry out. We don't disagree that areas have a good crop. The question is: Is your area of good corn enough to make up for the thousands of acres that yield "0" because they didn't get planted. If you farm you know how quickly a weed patch, drown out area, etc cut into a fields total yield. Now your taking "0" production acres and balancing that against your great stand. What we are saying is the total production being traded right now is not achievable - not even close. That's what we farmers are irate about. The BS # put out by the USDA were probably never achievable, yet we hammer the market and continue to trade an unachievable final figure.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Excellent

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

And, that's without the many acres of corn that will be counted as acres as corn planted but will be going for forage because the dairy belt areas alfalfa has been devastated due to the winter - they couldn't plant new seedlings due to the weather and are now unable to cut the hay that is there. If you look at all these variables in our grain crop there is only one conclusion - we need to start increasing the corn price now to prevent a huge price spike this summer. End users that need corn - you have a chance to buy it right now at a "reasonable" level. I don't want to hear the whining about high corn prices when this thing finally explodes higher.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Jennys, you just said a mouth full.

The big problem and I mean big is in the heart of corn country.

It's not just a few counties but dang near the whole state of Ia., a good chunk of

Mn., and Illinois. Not too mention portions of Mo., SD., and ND.

Not going to come close to usda planted acres let alone yield.

Head in the sand or where ever. Also those saying we have backyarditis and need to look at the

whole picture need to do so themselves.

Oh by the way we are set up that if and I mean if we get an early frost w-e-l-l

lets just say anything before our normal freeze date(oct. 5) is going to be bad.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

And don't leave WI out of this. The central part of the state from west of Eau Claire to Green Bay is - the only word I can use - devastation.
0 Kudos