cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Real bu.

I wonder if the real bu.s corn and soybeans will actualy come in a little less than the USDA report.The short crop gets shorter syndrome.In this senario that seems to be set up,the short crop having a long tail may only be a fallisy this time,not much to raition against! It seems already specialty crops fighting for acres against wheat!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Real bu.

Historically the usda would lower yields but the way the USDA has been putting out numbers I wouldn't count on anything. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

It"s pretty easy to see that the USDA and the trade is not counting on ug99!

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I look at this year as being a little below average yield wise.  An average US crop comes in around 155 bu/ac so right now I'm expecting the final corn yield number to be a little lower.  As for beans, I'm looking for it to come in close to the average so possibly just a little less than the October report estimate.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re:ug99

I do not think it is something that will be a problem for North America for a little while unless man somehow helps it get here.

That said it may move into some larger wheat growing areas in the next few years which could be quite devasating to feeding everyone on the planet.

Will it impact prices this year? I doubt it. In the future, quite possibly, unless there is a big breakthrough in breeding resistance into wheat quickly.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Re:ug99

It;s just seems funny that supposbly the most intelligent beings on earth would play Russian rullette with their food supply.Just put in terms of days worth of supply,the (carry of any of the main staples.)!

0 Kudos