cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-289
Senior Advisor

Reality Marketing CHECK 101

SO  much  for  USA  ''' feeding  the  world ''' ,  and  it's  politics  for  infants ,  when  we  can't  even  meet  the  demand  our  own  country's   BABY  FORMULA  =  ?  = ?

Maybe  a  special  farm  group  organization  meeting ,  called  to  order ,  for  discussion  to  address  this  embarrassment  =  ?  = ?

OUR   bread  basket  of  the  world , elected  reps  seem  to  have  the  MUTE  BUTTON  on   for  this  discussion ,   with  the  word  foresight  being  a  humbling  phraZe  =   =   =            

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Reality Marketing CHECK 101

Weeeeeell, there are some inconvenient truths ...

Agriculture has a positive trade balance, which means we send out (export) more than we bring in (import). In 2019, the United States agriculture exports accounted for $135.54 billion with soybeans, beef, veal, pork, poultry and fresh and processed fruits and veggies topping the list. In 2019, the United States ag exports account for $128.718 billion with soybeans, beef, veal, pork, poultry and fresh and processed fruits and veggies topping the list. United States agriculture imports total $127.6 billion with coffee and cocoa, fresh and processed ve....

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

The baby formula deal is just crazy.  One Michigan company shutdown made 44% of formula the next big percent comes from China.  That`s the problem with being big,big, big there are no longer any small problems only big, big big problems... and that goes for farming too.  But China making our babies` formula????   They sold us poisoned dog food and contaminated sheetrock, and they are allowed to make baby formula????

0 Kudos
erikjohnson61y
Senior Advisor

Politicians and bureaucrats too stoopid to figure out that in order to have product on the shelves people have to work. When you lock down the economy over the flu,  no amount of stimmie checks can make up for lack of product. All it does is cause the bidding up of what product IS available, and viola!! Inflation.

Want to beat inflation quick??  Cut back severely and quickly on government spending, especially welfare and unemployment. Make it so people HAVE to take one of the bazillion jobs available to feed themselves. In the process they will produce stuff that people need. More product, less excess money floating around ==> stable prices.

Between economic shutdowns, incredibly poor energy policies, and the Ukraine war, I fear millions may die of starvation over the next couple of years. 

k-289
Senior Advisor

Why  isn't  there  a  shortage  of  ''' slimmed  down '''  containers ,  such  as  breakfast  cereal  ,  which  my  wife  reminded  me of  oatmeal - grocery ,   has  risen  say  45%  ,  with  PLENTY of  small  containers  available  =  =  =

What  does  export  trade  balance [ political  mumbojumbo] , have  to  do  with  a  remedy  for  empty  selves  at  our  grocer's  for ''''  infants  ''' ,  being  embarrassing , unthinkable   =  =  = 

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Senior Advisor

Abbott in Sturgis, MI apparently wasn't keeping things clean enough so they were shut down. I live 40 minutes east of Sturgis and from what I heard Abbott fired a bunch of people over it. I see they have been hiring. It's one of the better jobs in my area. 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

A local dairy that produced milk for the stores was shutdown going on 10 years ago now.  They had bacteria and no one figured out exactly where it was coming from, far as I know still a mystery.   Some farmers use Hydrogen Peroxide metered into their well water for hogs and cattle, that does a number on bacteria.  A Peroxide salesman told me that the Amish used it and got a little liberal with it and the bacteria actual got too LOW in their milk and had to cut back.

Anyway, here`s the story from 2013

Buffalo Center dairy shut down

A dairy in north-central Iowa is being shut down due to safety concerns. Meinders Farm Fresh Dairy in Buffalo Center has lost its operating license. Steve Moline, consumer protection director at the Iowa Department of Agriculture, says the dairy’s license was suspended, then an administrative law judge affirmed the permanent revocation of the dairy permit.

Moline says, “Mr. Meinders had encountered some problems both in the milk his dairy was producing, not meeting some of the regulatory requirements, and also some of the products themselves that he was making in his on-farm processing facility that were not meeting the quality requirements that are established in our regulatory system.”

Moline says there are many on-farm dairy processing facilities in Iowa and each of them are thoroughly regulated in order to protect consumers. “It’s probably the most heavily-regulated farm production practice that we have,” Moline says. “It is directly consumed by consumers in a very short timeframe from when it leaves the farm gate. By necessity, the quality and safety of that product needs to be safeguarded at all costs.”

Ag officials say tests of milk and milk products from the dairy contained bacteria and coliform counts exceeding acceptable standards. Moline says Meinders Dairy had many ongoing problems that occurred sporadically over a long period of time before the suspension and revocation steps were taken.

By Jerry Oster, WNAX, Yankton

0 Kudos