Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Rebalancing

Sold wheat last week for $2.81

Need to clean out some corn bin bottoms $2.78 right now

Corn should be cheaper than wheat.  Is now

Non food grade wheat is coming into the east coast ports, just how cheap are they buying that crap?

How big are the subsidies the French are paying their growers? Sounds and smells like dumping to me.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Rebalancing

This has the potential to change the agricultural landscape faster and in more ways than the "80's" ever did.

Lost a few bushels just south of me one county yesterday when a half county area got four to six inches. Came on top of muddy conditions. 

Will be very hard to blame anybody from just walking away from farming.... just pray some don't use the rope over the rafter method.

It's speculated that only twenty percent of this crop is presold for anything close to profitable levels.

Going to be interesting seeing the mood at the Farm Progress Show this week.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

you mean they would actually have a "farm progress" show ??

i wonder how many from the chicago crowd will attend

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

i missed the spring rally in wheat. also the mini rally in wheat the past few weeks. hauled some wheat off thecombine after finding i have 15 protien and 60 lb test weight! Thought i should get to $4.25-$4.50 a bushel until i get a call from the elevator saying i have 5.7% vomitoxin with 20 cents a point disconuts. now im under $3.00!  WTH!! the only good thing about it all is i didnt forward sell so i dont have to deliver! Eventually harvest pressure goes away and vom issues with it when they need to buy grain. I was sure the bottom of the market prices were in but this last round of down days has me wondering! 

Jerry Gulke just last week said the bears are being chased away! He did a 180 yesterday! Does anybody anywhere have any idea whats going on! 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Don't be the last one to have a farm sale.

Senior Contributor

the last farmer to have a farm sale will be selling to a chinaman....they know the value of food producing land! too bad we have such an abundance so people dont have to spend half their income to feed themselves!
someday when the corporate world along with enviromentalists get rid of farmers that produce below the cost of production then they will have to pay what it really costs! but then again how much actual wheat is in a loaf of bread! In the 80's a comparison was that the twist cost more than the wheat! They all make record profits while we sit idly by hoping to get crumbs like a dog at the dinner table!
0 Kudos