cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Recliner Talk

Well its approaching 10pm central time   beans are up 2 to 3 cents.  Corn is up 1.5 to 2 cents.  The witching hour -- a little green to help you sleep.    Go to bed, so you don't wake up at 3 am with a strained neck.   

It will soon be 9 am tomorrow   Friday When those honorable funds managers cast their morning votes in the commodity futures market.  And drive it into the red before for the weekend flights to the new carrabean fun spot to meet their clients.

We could infiltrate starbucks (all 40,000 of them in downtown Chicago) and dump roundup into the daily grind.  But we all know that won't work.  Probably make it sweeter and they would demand we do it every day, creating a higher market for glyphosate.

Sweet dreams and remember  grains were up when you went to bed.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: According to .....

According to my tablet, it’s two AM Friday your time,  late afternoon Sept 7 here,  I think

most of you fellows have no idea what’s happening the world and you haven’t got a clue what’s coming at you.

At the East Asia Summit today it was openly acknowledged that the era of Western dominance is coming to an end.

Meanwhile, both J P Morgan & Dow Jones have announced recently that they are adding Chinese companies &, more importantly, Chinese government bonds to their index portfolios.

Trump’s attack on China will be reflected in the US stock market.

Not only that, but trump’s refusal last year to allow Tesla & GM to import some few Chinese components in order to build vehicles in the US caused Tesla to build a factory in China. they broke ground eight months ago & cars are beginning to come off the assembly lines this month.

All trump has managed to do so far is move good jobs to China.  And cost farmers a pile of money in the process.

Two more days here and barring any typhoon delays will be back & get ready for harvest.

PS:  I forgot to mention,  in Tesla’s case, the Chinese government implement the new rules it passed last year concerning treatment of foreign businesses, namely they did not require Tesla to have a Chinese partner or divulge any company trade secrets, two of the terms being demanded by the trump administration.

Not only that but they granted Tesla the same 10% tax relief allowed Chinese companies.  It. Sure looks as though farmers are being asked to sacrifice for nothing. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: According to .....

Whaaat? Rick, you`re leaving that paradise?  You must not be able to get a refund on your return tickets.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Wow

not that often you see someone all in on China like this rickster guy.

Here I quit buying their crapola, and rick is doubling down.

But I imagine that the Chinese Rick knows won't starve him or make him eat his kids like their own countrymen and women had to in the 60's. 

China LOVES American liberals. They find them very, very "useful".

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Wow

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Looks like someone watched reruns of "Soylent Green".

You can't make up anything as crazy as the current progressive leftists.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The 10:44 am update corn and beans — were all red.  It’s the most consistent day trade this summer.    

Thanks for the China report Rick.  Unfortunate you can’t give us a daily update.  That’s great Tesla news.  I’ll look for them on the Walmart shelf real soon.  Wish China had wised up another president back.  They could have had a few nice investments from Abengoa. Maybe they’ll take the lead in wind energy and dog poop... or the next big thing from US university research.  Someone needs to make sense of spending two to get one.  Glad that monkey is on their back. Should raise the demand for Colombian products and those Chinese drugs we so love On the streets of New China west Cities.  Drive one home(that’s 48 hours of charge time so take the time to report back. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Sorry to deviate

All corn all the time.  The original spend 2 to get 1 trend.  

Seriously,  I thought China was smarter than that. 

Having the biggest carbon footprint is not the goal.   Maybe there is money in mining US political insanity.  How did we miss that?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Mike Adams mentioned, in response to that horrifying article on Leftist-suggested cannibalism to "save the planet," that consuming human flesh would be consuming large quantities of heavy metals, anti-psychotics, anti-depressants, and most probably more way transfats than currently suggested by the FDA...not to mention the possibility of contracting mad-Liberal disease.

But at least people would finally find out if Lefts really DO taste like chicken.   Smiley LOL

(Mental note:  Don't open the door if your liberal neighbor shows up on your front porch with a bottle of BBQ sauce and a smile.)