cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Record on the way

already have a pie made of fresh picked one's partially devoured.

0 Kudos
hardwayfarmer
Veteran Contributor

We drove from NW Cass Cty, MI to Shipshewana, IN, today.  Almost every field we passed has wet spots that were planted around, or got planted and drowned out.  Part of a field half a mile from us was 2/3 planted May 2.  The rest was several weeks later.  Across the highway is a river bottom field that has flooded at least 4 times since the big snow melt in Feb.  It won't be planted this year.  I just planted 92 day corn last Saturday and this Monday.  Saturday's planting was spiking yesterday afternoon.  We've got just over an inch of rain since yesterday afternoon.  I expect to see Monday's planting spiking tomorrow.  Between here and Shipshewana there is corn any height you want, from just spiking to waist high or more.  My seed corn salesman said the good thing is that it's spreading out the side dressing activity so that everyone's not having to cover all their ground at the same time.  I read on another site that one county, I think Monroe, in southeast MI, will probably have at least 30,000 unplanted acres alone.  I think our raspberries are a week off, yet , at least.  They're good with ice cream, too.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Took a little walk for a time of reflection
Not a bull to be seen was my detection
Not a whimper , not a sound
Not even a baby bull to be found
Bearish is the news of the day
What can bring us out of this fray
Some say its too wet, some too dry
Markets like this have made grown men cry
When will the market make its turn
For this is the day we all yearn
Watching the forks to the charts we rivet
Have we just struck a major pivot
The market will rise none to soon
Possibly rocket to the moon
Press on ,don't give up
There are many more things to fill your cup!

JC Stone

Blacksandfarmer
Senior Advisor

Hardway, Im 40 mins north east of "Shipshe." Our corn is a mess, soybeans are looking good though. I finished corn planting June 5th. We are trying to get corn side dressed to make up for N lost to heavy rains.

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

There are a few bulls to be found my friend. During the flash crash on Monday it was

pretty easy to sell puts and buy calls. They look pretty good so far, covered the

puts in 4 hours and got 90% of the juice.

This crop is actually racing....towards a wall in some areas and toward

Eden in others I suppose.

0 Kudos
booked
Veteran Contributor

here this morning the rain total for this farm this week is 5.4 inches and still raining replants under water plus by the looks out the back door is 2x that many more acres of good crops swamped

But rain makes grain ....................................

0 Kudos