c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Remaining Cold

0 Kudos
19 Replies
farmerguy89
Advisor

Re: Remaining Cold

Lol this isn't the first time this has been right over top of me...

Running low on wood now, like everyone else. Going to switch to propane backup soon.
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

The 8-14 day looks almost identical.  Saw a report yesterday talking about the lack of strong thunderstorms this season.  Wait.  The longer this stays  cold here up North, the larger the chance we have of having more severe weather down the road.  We still have nearly a foot of snow on the ground.  And it looks like we won't get out of the 30's for the net two weeks.  Now that sucks.  No small grain planting being done here in March this year.

Jen

0 Kudos
JCCWIS
Senior Contributor

A small blizzard going on here as I type..... the Winter that will not end !!!!!!!  John

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

According to the USDA, didn't we plant well into June last year and still get great crops?    Don't worry........be happy!

0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

Global cooling this year!!

No frost please
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

RT - We also need to remember that the new axiom is that LATE planting is the ticket to large crops.  That's it - that's the way we'll produce the new huge crop again this year.  And - the heck with water....these crops don't need no stinking water!

Jen

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

March 17, aren't we a little early yet to be complaining about planting dates and water?
0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

That's right shaggy. I'm not ready to say we will be late yet.

But it's not helping.

Tested my corn and it's 15% wow!
0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Just trying to get a jump on what's to come.  I hate to be late to the party  Smiley Wink

Jen

0 Kudos