cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Repost again, Bin storage

How many are putting up grain storage to accomadate this big crop. The post was missing after the update yesterday

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Repost again, Bin storage

Not me bin guys are to busy. SEND

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Have enough to plant all corn and have a decent year and store it all...

1/3 beans this year so , no problemo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Our area had little corn last year so most private bins empty, like we are. Two elevators in our town with feed mills one is supposed to be offering free drying and three month free storage I have been told but not confirmed. After trucking in from over 300 miles away don't think they want to be short physical again!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Sillinois,   It would be great if you could confirm that free drying and storage info.  Especially for those that say demand is dead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

SILL....Who has that offer out up there?   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I was told it was Equity but as I have not confirmed this for myself and this may still be in the planning stages yet. As stated our area was hurt by the drought and all of the feed mills were having to source corn to mix with aflo corn and meet quality needs. I do not need storage but if they do have free drying and this year goes late I might have to pencil this option out. I am not a raging bull but do think that this downside move may prove to have been overdone this fall. However, our area still has feed mills that service a hundred mile radius and that would make us different than other areas of the country.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Would if I could afford it. Looks like I'm going to need it. Hopefully going to have about twice as much corn as storage. I was thinking about trying to hire someone with a bagger, just to see if it works as well as advertised.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Cargill here has had no urgency for corn.   I have 5K bushels of 2011 corn stored at 14% moisture with a 63# TW.   I couldn't get a premium for it . . .  sold it just before the big plunge to Consolidated.    My point is there obviously isn't a shortage.   Effingham Clay Service said they had 1.5 million bushels of old crop wheat in storage still......which they're blending with all the sh1t they stole due to the low test weights this year.

Obviously the USDA CAN materialize grain out of thin air, just like Bernanke with the money supply.   I think we're one season late for a closing out farm sale.....the Titanic is going down.....and we're on the Promenade Deck.   CHEERS!

We're Screwed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I've got some early planted corn that is starting to dent......I'll find out the scoop on Equity tomorrow.   Thanks.

0 Kudos