cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Re: Quite a bit of corn finished planted on N

rightone - I was wondering who or where u got your information for the Roseau MN area being done with corn.  I live about 1hr or less from Roseau and there is hardly no field work being done.  Flood is slowly going down.  Only a handful of guys planting a field of wheat on old beet ground,  then nothing else is ready at all.  Maybee if we missed the coming storm and it stayed about 60 degrees for more than 1 day, than maybee by the end of next week we might get started on a field or two.  But the weather man says otherwise.    Yes it was clear today but for tonite and tomorrow we are in a winter storm warning.  Oh ya and the amount of corn grown here is slim to none.  I highly doubt your numbers, just saying. 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Mark Wright

has been know to be a little off............I know I will probably catch heck for this reply (like always).........but IMO he has not been real consistent on corn and soya production outlooks.......lets just say I have heard he is predicting between 88 and 91M acres of corn HARVESTED.................

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=229367&mid=1740600#M1740600

Again I will probably get blasted for this reply because I am questioning someone numbers/outlook/whatever................Lets put it this way.........I picked rightone out of a crowd without looking at his profile (handle on another website months ago without looking).........He may know livestock, but crop production, not so much..........

Corn is going in the ground........no doubt.........but its slow and on light and high soil until this weekends storm passes............around here we will go on light ground Monday if no rain this weekend........heavy ground Tuesday afternoon till next rain on Thursday..........thats progress but not in the first degree............

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mark Wright

southeastern Minnesota rain today again probably the end of this week before we can plant. 45 degrees for high sunday and 32 degrees sunday night thats not going to dry anything out. Minnesota  will have 2% planted in mondays report at best.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Mark if I had said that everybody would have jumped me for trying to drive the corn market lower! HE HE

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

you have to wonder "why", someone who claims to be from NM would publish such delisional nonsense for states 1000s of miles away? bet he

has a great "network" of farmers in this area relaying him this info, eh? maybe he should check the retail sales of Wild Turkey or George Dickel for those areas before exposing such foolishness upon this forum! lol

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Just a Sunday nite update, weather wise, for the area west of Roseau, that rightone thinks is all done planting corn.  If there was much corn grown in the first place.  The weatherman was correct this time.  Saturday afternoon we got some rain off and on and when I woke up for church this morning, the grass in the yard was covered with snow.  My pickup said 28 degrees  at 845am on the way to church.  Kinda crazy for May 1.  Looked more like Dec 1st.   I hope things turn around soon here up north so we can get in the field, but I surely doubt anything this week unless a change in temps happens and the darn flood water gets out of here.   

0 Kudos