cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Re: Roy's view

I don't know how many periods we have gone through during my career that we have been told that prices are at anew plateau and will never revert back to ordinary price levels. It seems like every time is a short term cycle and we turn back to old price levels. We are quite fortunate when we can retain even part of the gains and we have a few times.

You're right in that beans offer a respectable price level into 2014. I'm wondering if $12 harvest offers will yield a great swing to more soy acres. Or has history's gift of $17 made farmers resistant to $12

0 Kudos
Advisor

I will definetly grab some 12s if we get there. I cut back on srw to add bean acres.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I don't know about beans, in our parts
Insurance is just terrible how high it
Is, keeps alot of people away, plus learned
Friday that bean seed went up again.
0 Kudos
Advisor

Pritch: Yes, I'm hanging it up at Meredith after nearly 30 years. I suspect I'll be checking in here from time to time, though, and hope to keep writing about agriculture. Participating in this community has certainly been a highlight of my career. I probably ought to write up a little summary of what I've seen and learned here.

I really appreciate your comments. Thanks, and Merry Christmas! -- John 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: I second that John ....

Hi, Mark: I suppose I should attempt some sort of summary of what I've seen and learned in ag. It might be beyond my scope until I get a little distance from it all, and I'm not planning on exiting ag journalism entirely just yet. We shall see.

Want to say thanks for your participation in the forums over the years. I've certainly learned a great deal from interacting with you and many others here on the board. Merry Christmas! -- John 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: I second that John ....

Congrats John, I'm certainly glad I had the chance to meet you in person earlier this year. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope you have an enjoyable retirement and I'm glad to hear you will be checking in from time to time.
0 Kudos