cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Rut Roh

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3098980/china-calls-soybean-industry-alliance-stra...

I think that long ago China made a strategic decision to prioritize food and feed grains and import oilseeds, primarily because they had two options where to buy them, thus reducing strategic leverage.

Looks like they'd like to have a third option too.

Maybe Don would like to speak with Vlad about that in their weekly chat?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re:Big article on Fox News, how far behind China is...

There was a big article on Fox News about how far behind China is with purchases under Phase One.  Apparently, Munchin & Lighthizer had a telephone call with the Chinese and the Chinese strung them along again but trump is in no position to make a fuss now, before the election. 

I guess we should be thankful that at least, the Chinese are buying soybeans (& some corn).

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Re:Big article on Fox News, how far behind China is...

I've always figured they'd buy what they need and can't easily source elsewhere, and I think that may end up being a bit more than they hoped, given some production problems.

Along with Making Brazil Great Again, the Russian thing is just an example of the longer term consequences of all this.

You know as a "liberal*" I'd sorta soured on TPP- even though it was the very best thing specifically for agriculture. Primary reason was that I just thought Americans were tired of that stuff and it wouldn't sell. It was really more geopolitical than economic- building economic linkages along China's periphery. But now that we've made a total hash of the bilateral effort and the losers think they need to heat up a new Cold War with China, it appears it would have been the much preferable route.

*actually a communist- like any non-MAGA- according to the Russian bots and fellow travelers at Forum.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: Re:Big article on Fox News, how far behind China is...

Not only have we made a total hash of the bilateral effort but the US will be seen as a much less reliable partner by those countries.

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: And it doesn't help that we have ....

And it doesn't help that we have 4% of the world's population and 22% of the coronavirus deaths.  Makes us look incompetent in everything. 

It comes down to the complete lack of political will to control the virus and all the blowback effects on the economy.

0 Kudos
bluechev
Senior Reader

Re: Rut Roh

Blah blah blah another plant on a chat room to stir the pot

nitefarm
Advisor

Exactly 

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

This thread heading pretty well gives it away as nothing more than cartoon gibberish.

Origin
First used by Astro on the cartoon The Jetsons and later by Scooby-Doo in the Scooby-Doo cartoon series; both characters are dogs who speak broken English with the insertion of many r's.

Need to put him back in his kennel or at least back on his meds.

timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Gosh, and I thought they were doing a great job of exposing themselves :-)

I do agree though that there have been many missteps for our republic (for Dave and Rick cause they probably think we live in a democracy)....   :-)

One of the real strengths of our system is that we make so many monumental mistakes...it keeps us so resilent because we are so used to screwing it up! 

The FED raising the inflation rate target to 4% should make every hard asset owning American farmer giddy....not today of course, but the sure outcome that the currency is going to zero is very good for land values and for used equipment values.   :-)    None of us own any paper assets....mostly the secret to our success the last 150 years.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Time-

Im certain you’re actually not stupid enough to believe this stuff.

So I assume you’re engaged in a form of affinity fraud to keep your marks on the hook?

0 Kudos