cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

SA acre reductions

area that will go unplanted by crops including 350,000 hectares of soybeans and200,000 hectares of corn. In summary, the total planting area for the current campaign in Argentina is being reduced by 1.6 million hectares (3.95 million acres) which includes 600,000 hectares that will go unplanted and 1 million acres already planted that will be abandoned due to flooding and various diseases that have impacted Argentina soybeans, corn, sunflower, sorghum and other crops this year.

Appreciated the detail in the SA report............... Would be nice to see a verification of its accuracy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: SA acre reductions

Would be nice to see someone verify the accuracy of any USDA report.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

An accurate report being one that agrees with you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Little snarky there Jim.......

No, don't have an opinion on the damage in Argentina.  But I do realize this is not exactly a university or government reporting information source.  It is a land real estate and management company in Uraguay.

It is usually generally interesting, but a lot of data and detail in this report that has to be a guess this early.  Other sources of of comparable data might bring it from opinion status to reliability.

My opinion on crop production isn't accurate for the next county other than personal observation.

Kind of like the week before a government  report when you can search out many opinions on crop size or acres planted...... 

The South America Crop Report for January 23, 2017

This does have interesting numbers and if accurate will affect the soybean and corn supply internationally.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Check with Oil World.biz,  pretty much confirms this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

thank you nitefarm,

I hadn't had time to go looking yet...

0 Kudos