Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

SA pictures

0 Kudos
14 Replies
too close for comfort
Senior Contributor

Re: SA pictures

Hobby thanks for those pics I wish I could read the captions but I guess they are pretty much saying this sucks.

0 Kudos
viperkev
Veteran Contributor

Here is a link to translate the captions. Just copy and paste the Portugese and it gives you English on the other side.

http://translation.babylon.com/portuguese/to-english/

The first caption says: The plowing of the producer Wilmar Galvão, 55 years. He is reaping what was left of the suffering crop of corn. What was collected will turn food for the animals. The producer evaluates that the loss of this year will be higher than those of 2005

0 Kudos
Threadkiller
Frequent Contributor

thanks for sharing those pictures.   it looks like the only bumper crop they've got this year is dalmatian puppies.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Thanks guys...

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Thanks hobby,

Flashbacks from 2011!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

sw, don't you farm out by Garden City, Ks?  I have two places out in Graham Co, Ks

Planning on being out there as soon as they tell me the semi load of 11-52-0 is on it's way there. (have to take the fert cart out)

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

SW of Garden city----------------the panhandle region

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

what crop is the 11/52/0 headed for?

0 Kudos
jimsonweed67
Friend

Meu Portuguese es no muito bem, por mais as fotografias contam a própria história deles.

My portuguese isn't very good, but the photos speak for themselves.

Basically, they are talking about the dry soil, burnt up crops, dried grapes, suffering people, suffering animals, financial losses. corn the size of a Chinaman's pecker, a concerned governor, farmers wanting relief from the government, one photo of the journalist with the photographer and a driver (a classic case of unconditional division of labor in SA -- a journalist would never drive himself or take his own photos).

One thing they didn't show is a photo of all the smoking hot chicas down there in the south of Brazil.  I've no use for the mulattas in Rio, give me one of Gisele Bindchen's country cousins (with a bigger bunda) a pack of bohemia beer, and a hammock on Praia Mole and I might never come back to the US.

0 Kudos