cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

SW Rain?

SW, I noticed small showers popping up out in your vicinity, have you been fortunate enough to be under one? Doesn't look to impressive, but my dad always said sometimes it takes a couple small rains to get the rain pump primed.
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: SW Rain?

looks to be some headed your way Shaggy! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Hold her back until about 2200, were heading out for a little league double header. We should be wrapped up by then so that sure would be nice.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

A little shaggy,   Nice showers----- washed the sand off the sidewalk.  I'd say 1/10 of an inch with scattered spots of a 1/4 inch.  Stopped the dirt for a couple of hours.

Lets put it this way for the folks in the old dust bowl,------- for a minute or two you could stand in it and noone would have seen any tears.   It's been a tough three years for the folks on the southern high plains.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

on radar, looks like the heavy stuff couldn't a missed ya by 5 miles, sw

--that one's really blowing up east?

-------gotta have a good light show going on!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Built over the top of us and slid on east -------- but it did build nicely going east--------- this time the wind stayed under 25.  We got a shot the next couple of days and there's another little 'sprout' to the west.  It's the nature of the area we never get the average it's either less than 10 inches or 24-30.  And the years seem to bunch together ------ 6 wet years then 4 dry ones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Building again in your area SW, I'll do my rain dance and say a little prayer for ya. LOL
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

looking much better--------- strong winds on the front but rain right with it -------- no hail so far......... 

We are just ready to face a different problem---- bring her on.

-------------------------

finally our turn  raining nicely so far.   some 70 mph winds in the area but real water  with some hail mixed in now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Was watching the Twins/Royals and checked the radar after game was over.

See there are t-storm warnings from Guyman up towards Dodge City now.

How big is the hail and is there enough to do damage?  (not that it takes very much!!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Isc76cat.

Nice rain just a few scattered "pingers".   We may have an inch of moisture.  

Been thinking the "farm team" was going to play another season without us -------- but we may be back in the game with a few more of these------- at least we can kill the dead wheat and get milo planted for cover next winter. 

0 Kudos