cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Say time

I talked to a long time subscriber of yours that followed your email group. He doesn’t agree that you told your subscribers that you sold in May. In fact I was told that at the end of May you told everyone June and July was your sale period. So unless your getting a dollar to a dollar and a half from growing becks seed beans you never got 10.60 sold.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Say time

Sounds like you are mixing corn and beans up VR, we didn't go big short corn due to the acres (obvious mistake) but we did go big short beans, and hogs.

Besides, we don't even attempt to provide a marketing service. We just share thoughts and what we think, on a wide range of issues. This year we spent a lot of time at the meeting on the MFP, bank lending terms, maximizing yield while minimizing inputs, boron, Ilevo, Nemasect, etc.etc.  Even spent time on going virtually chemical free. We spent a lot of time on using AIO Capital's new marketing tools that allow us to do cash contracts and attach options or futures positions with no margin exposure. Yet, still having control of the basis decision for our local area. It is a game changer for those that are not close to a Cargill facility. 

For Beans the date has been March 2nd the whole year, selling the break of the daily low after it. That one has been crystal clear all year. The Argy deal was a gift from God, a bear market rally :-)

I know Brian B. was disappointed in the meeting and dumped on me to your "good guys" group (no secrets on the internet VR so you should watch your manners a bit). He's young and has tremendous potential and I'll let him work it out on his own. I'll always be pulling for his success and of course am disappointed he felt our content was subpar this year. 

We covered a lot of ground and spent less of it on marketing than normal, mostly because there is no volaitility to capture in the ag's at this point. I gave out a lot of big time dates, Brian just missed them I guess. High's in in crude, Potential wheat high last week should trigger 2019 initial sales, Cattle low is in, Gold's high looks huge, coffee and sugar lows are right now(meaning this week!), beans could easily decline to 7.60 on 10/10 so sell some if you have any left to sell. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, never forget the 90 and 60 year cycles. Point being it is pretty much like 1928 or 1958, neither were good for ag, or anything else, for the next few years. 

You can dislike me, you can lie about me to your private "good guys" club, you can do anything you want. I still sincerely wish you all the best in life. I really do. You made the silly "corn 398" post on this site and I choose, at my peril, to take the other side. The other side paid pretty well on this one.  :-)    Next time it might cost me....life is a speculation.

0 Kudos
Advisor

As far as telling everyone to sell March first, there are enough people that can vet that comment through your personal archives. Putting sell orders in March is seasonal suicide. Post dated sell dates are seriously looked down upon.  Gulke changes his sell dates after markets moves all the time then tell everyone how dumb they are and how smart he is.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

60% of the time it works every time
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Time did you get out of your big short hogs? Don’t know anyone who would stay in there short this thing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think are lows will be put in for grains this week.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Seem to have to educate all the smart folk that think "free deferred pricng" is free.
0 Kudos