cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason-B-Meeker
Frequent Contributor

Scott Shellady's new video update

What triggered the Wednesday correction?

http://youtu.be/pUZ0XhE3ltY

We are having some problems with our video service, so we have only been able to post new videos to youtube.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

Re: Scott Shellady's new video update

That 90 day corn ain't going to help get us to trendline yields.
0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Increase your storage cost another 90 days if the product gets too cheap.  Where do you win? 

0 Kudos
infire
Veteran Contributor

Does anybody seriously plant 90 day corn? especially in mid to early April?

Did anybody watch Mikes closing comments while on youtube, his sound effects are the only thing remotely funny today!

0 Kudos
Doug N
Veteran Contributor

Is that honestly what the traders think? People in central and southern corn belt are planting 90 day corn????? Maybe I'm way off line here but that seems very unlikely to me. Maybe that's why the short day varieties are so short up here because they all went to Illinois. I don't buy this for a second. And if it is true, the yield that they are giving up is a lot and will mean less total bushels at harvest. Its interesting how those traders already have an early harvest penciled in on a crop that's 17% planted and even less emerged. Oh well.
0 Kudos
Farmerjoe79
Senior Contributor

Lucky they didn't here they planted 80 day corn it would have been down the limit:)
0 Kudos
aaron-neill
Veteran Contributor

Scott do you believe the BS you are putting out or are hearing?  I have never heard so much BS to keep a bearish sentiment.  There is nobody planting 90 day corn.  90 day corn DOES NOT yield in Illinois!  You have no gray leaf spot tolerance in those maturities.  PLUS there is a serious shortage of short day corn.  Ask anyone farming in the Dakotas.  Please pass this on to your cohorts as you pass the cow pies.  BTW I have met you in Chicago and do appreciate your insite.  Do not take this personal.  There are no farmers at the CBOT.

0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

+1 to all of these comments. East central IL 110-114 day is common in early may planting let alone early April. I'm somewhat embarrassed for these traders and "analysts." I'm glad to know corn has taken 70 cents off the past couple of weeks because the Chicago boys have absolutely no agronomic or fundamental knowledge of what truly is happening across the Midwest. National basis is 20 cents over prior 3 year average and it's only April. Can't wait to see what happens in June and July when this "glut" of 90 day corn hits the market:)
0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

I wish someone would just say, the market went down because.....I don't know!!!! The **bleep** thing just went down because there were more sellers than buyers.  Ok, that is believable. i guess.

Also, traders, that I know go with intuition, most of the time.  Or go with the flow, they try to follow the trends and try to trade mimicking the BIG BOYS. 

0 Kudos
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

So corn on the market in 90 days.............

That is as long as we do not have a late frost in May.

That early planted corn would not do well then, could be another 90 days from June 1st.

0 Kudos