cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Secretary of Agriculture?

Has anyone else gotten a call to meet with Donald?  Nah,  me neither.   I wish he'd hurry up and call. ..........before I forget all my good ideas to fix agriculture.    I would think that he would at least call me or el cheapo.   Smiley Wink

But seriously, has anyone heard any names being floated about for this job?  We're gonna need a good one.

Will our exports get hurt with Trump's trade tactics?   Or...........could they explode higher....with other countries needing to import more of our products to even out the trade deficit?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Secretary of Agriculture?

I think we`ll sell as many ag products as we ever have and these hindend kissing trade deals we`ve been sold over the years will be exposed as one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetrated on the farmers.   We got a man in with backbone now!  The best dealer I`ve ever met once told me "I never made anything beggin`" and that what these trade deals have been is begging.  Any bill with the word "trade" in them and all the farm groups go ga-ga over...it`s embarassing actually. 

Trump has the Mexicans crying uncle on the disasterous NAFTA, we run a $60 Billion trade deficit with Mexico after +25 years!

http://www.breitbart.com/border/2016/11/10/mexico-backtracks-willing-talk-nafta-trump/  

The only way countries buy our ag products is if they really need them or no where else in the world to source them and most of the time it only sells if it`s below our cost of production.   China cancel grain shippments and buys from Brazil if it`s cheaper....we don`t owe any of our "wonderful" trading partners anything but a kick in the rear.

Veteran Advisor

roaring....they did.....after a couple of minutes....they hung up

Veteran Advisor

Dan Quayle's name was mentioned earlier this week

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

never a dull moment  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Esteemed Advisor

Funny Ray. I would think Don Villwock, and Ted McKinney, would both be on the short list. Chuck Conner would also be on the list.

All 3 could do the job.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

#

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I would like to see commentator Alan Guebert as US Secretary of Agriculture.  I don`t always agree with him, but he reports things as they are and surprising alot in common with populist Donald Trump

http://www.farmers-exchange.net/detailPage.aspx?articleID=15578

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Hobby, maybe with this president it will get back to being about agriculture?  Onr can hope, right?  Time, it seems like I've seen all three mentioned as being on the list. I dont recall where I saw it tho. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

i think we can read the tea leaves for this one......if you look at all the reports.....almost all department heads will be wealthy.

most, are billionares.......and have big company and political connections........that makes it somewhat difficult for the

ag appointment.....first, must be a republican.......second must be friends with the trump group....want someone from

"outside the box".....and a high net worth doesn't hurt

we are now starting to see a bit of the real trump........the rich surrouned by the rich that have nothing in common with

about 90% of the people........they are about 1 thing and 1 thing only.........money.

i'm starting to worry even more......most of the department heads are rich.......they can not connect to our level.....the idea

of "they are business people they know", is somewhat wrong.....most are in long standing family wealth......alot different

than having to work for it.

despite the midwest electing trump........i think he will have a  short memory.......look for cutbacks in the ag department

which will lead to less going to farmers.  The idea of cutting food programs at this time when the economy is not the

best is, stupid, at best.  Such programs are painted to be such horrible things.......yet it feeds alot of hungry kids,

familys without jobs (which there are quite of number anymore), and a growing number in the senior community.

remember....."life, liberty and the pursuit of happyness"....kind of hard to do so if you have no food.......and please don't

get on the bandwagon to say get a job......not alot of jobs around anymore.....in this rural area alone.....there is little left.

if you read some of the position papers on the "developing farm/agriculture crisis"........that is something that is brought

up....then there were jobs available......today, few if any.

healthcare........the man he put in hates ACA.....he has a plan for the high risk people (yes, i'm one of them).....he is going

to start STATE pools......kids, you remember i said that a while back......and how will this work.....with no money.

they forget that some of us are willing to pay our own premium, but now we will be forced into a pool.....and looked down

upon....and will have poor coverage......

i'm sorry kids.......if low commodity prices and bad ag economy is bad now..........i don't think trump is going to make

it any better.......the better odds are it will be worse.

0 Kudos