cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Seems almost certain to get worse

Well, when you boil it down it`s the people`s fault...we let the Democrats do this to us  Smiley Very Happy   People are very short-sighted and vote for what`s in their pocketbook right now, not much regard for the future.  Well, like Moses lead the Israelites to freedom and turns his back to get the 10 Commandments and comes back to the people worshipping a golden calf...that is how human nature opperates.

I grew up around alot of the Greatest Generation and a common saying among them was "we need a depression to clean things out"  I of course at the time though "why would you need a depression?" but I see the wisdom in that the older I get.  This country basiscally would have a depression every 60yrs to reset, except Ravi Batra was wrong about "The Great Depression of 1990", Keynesianism and smoke & mirrors and false confidence allowed us to skirt passed that "reset" so the rich got super-duper rich, the middle class is disappearing and a growing class of Americans are dependent on the goverment for their daily bread. 

When a party that tries to stand up against a wreckless commander-in-chief, the "govenment might have to be temporarily shutdown" ..but that party doesn`t get support and are forced to back down.  That only emboldens that wreckless commander-in-chief to go further and further and sets precedence for future dictatorial presidents.  There is no longer a strong push back to a single branch of government that constantly pushes the boundaries on their Constitutional limits.

We`re all partly to blame unless we are on the horn everyday inserting a backbone into our elected fiscally conservative officials.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Haven't  heard  a  whisper  from  BEEF  STATES  politican's  about  Hoof  &  Mouth  in  BRazil  and  or  the  over  priced  retail  meat  markets ---

One  meager  responce  from  a  congressional  aide  to  my  end  about  having  to  adhere  to  World  Trade  Policy of  which  I  asked for  an  explain

of which  I  was  told  I  would  hear  back  soon ?

Import   4   -   export  1    gotta   like  those  odds  -  must  be  new  math  I'm  guessing  ---  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Absolutely K-289, we`re running a $700 billion trade deficit.  We ship "them" raw products such as grain...below the cost of production mind you.  And 'they" ship us $700 billion MORE in finished products, such as cars and computers and shirts.   Who comes up with these idiotic trade deals???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

There is no we.

There is no we....... The answer to the smaller cattle herd ----------on the east coast or the west coast ..... Is buy it somewhere else to hold the cost at the store..

The middle of this country is as foreign to most americans as the amazon.

-----------------

odd how the store prices are   fancy steaks at 10-14 dollars a lb.  and ground beef at $ 3.    

--------------------

Trade deficit ----- The leaders of this country are global leaders....... Globally local deficits are just natures way of leveling out the world economy.. keeping it fair for those less fortunate..

not good

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

A multi-national corporation cares not about "trade deficits" their corporate base country is falling behind but their manufacturing base country China, Mexico more than makes up for it $$$$

Like a meat packer that also owns feedlots or vertically intergrated pig factories, they butcher their own supply FIRST.

0 Kudos