cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Senators introduce bill to eliminate corn ethanol mandate

Those who oppose ethanol can just send their kids and grandkids to the middle east to defend the oil supply.   Don't expect me to want to send mine.    There is more to this ethanol thing than just higher corn prices. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Roarin, you have a good point. I've seen with my own eyes the waste of young life as a result of our failed energy policies. The idea of fracking as the new way of extracting oil out of the ground is controversial in itself. I prefer clean drinking water, not water contaminated with oil or other pollutants. Big oil is losing market share with a depressed economy, that's why they are fighting so hard to eliminate RFS. The livestock groups are just the cheerleaders on the sidelines of big oil. If RFS is done away with, feed prices might get cheaper, but so will the price of chickens, hogs and cattle. With the price of corn higher walking off the farm instead of being hauled off the farm, more grain farmers will get BACK into raising livestock. Then we can all be poor together again!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If you read the whole article that their will still support renewalbe fuels, they just want to do away with the mandate.  Big oil has something to do with this, The feed grain council has something to do with this, (but the days of mega feedyards should be gone in my opinion anyway.)   We are still burning a lot of oil to get a bushel of corn.  I'm not for sure if corn ethanol would have every made it very long anyway with out the mandate,  From what I can tell they aren't out lawing corn ethanol they just don't want the mandated anymore.

Ethanol really didn't have anything to do with $7 corn anyway.  Sure it pushed demand higher, for a while,  then when corn got to high it quit using it,   Ethanol eroded away the longest users of corn, animal feeding,,,,$7 was fueled by outside investor money trying to cut a fat hog,,,and poor production world wide, and it was just time for commodities to go higher,the cycle high does exsist,,and everyone got swept up into, amazing how history repeats itself.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

highyields, They do not support ethanol made from corn, only ethanol made form grasses & trees.  You had better reread that article.

BTW, I'm just wondering how treehuggers can support that?

What they do support is sending your kids and grandkids to the middle east to defend their oil supply. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Crophugger

Illinoissteve,

Fracking is only a "new" issue and politics and the lazy news recently.  Fracking has been used down here in the gas field and oil fields since at least the 1960's  ------- nothing new 

The only thing new about it is --------- it's a new "nail" to hang our political coat on as we go after big oil.

The whole issue here is political gain ------------- Diane is either miffed that the white house stopped calling her or she is up for reelection next year.  And to get political gain you have to have a demon to blame.  She is willing to redefine  low-carbon advanced biofuel and condemn the industry they spent years supporting.  The next several times she gets the microphone you will here of the evils of the industrial Corn complex.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I apologize for getting so hot over this issue, but how do we just let these elected officials change sail to whatever wind is blowing.

Why is she not accountable for the words she spoke a few years ago.  The one govt promotion in the last 10 years that had any success and didn't go down the poop shoot is now the enemy because ------------ why -------------- someone should be nailing the bat to the wall over this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

We still import about half our petroleum needs. Yes it has declined but, our imports are still MUCH higher than former years when we were hit with 'oil shocks'. We have a LONG way to go to be in control of our destiny.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Wouldn't be surprised to find out feinstien is carrying obamas water on this one. Hold on to your shorts or your equity as they begin to demonize the corn industry
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

425cat,

Is this a revolutionary, bipartison, visionary attempt to look in the mirror ans see herself as a presidential candidate instead of the true picture?  It is a seperation from the pack issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Not sure on that thought sw. Could be a block against
Hillary. Most of what they do is for power and money.obama is silent
0 Kudos