cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Since January 27th I have been short the Soybean market

I have been Short from the end of the market on January 27th and still happened to squeeze out a profit last week.  With all the uncertainties and the volatility, this market has given traders an opportunity to make some money.  I have been  taking my time with the trades and letting the price run where it wants and then I get in after a big move.  I do not know where March soybeans will go this week but will definitely trade heavy near resistance numbers, i.e., 12.50 , 12.75  13.00 if we get that high. 

What is working for you in this crazy market with all the outside factors affecting the grains?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Re: Since January 27th I have been short the Soybean market

Greed,  hope, &  fear.    Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
glenlivet18
Veteran Contributor

Re: Since January 27th I have been short the Soybean market

In the last week I went short at 1210 on 1/29 and was stopped out at 1200, then went long at 1215 on 2/1 with a stop currently working at 1225.  I just use some simple technical indicators and ignore the news (though for some reason I like to read some of the dumb things people say here, like anyone has a clue where a market is really going).  It's really all about taking each signal, cutting losses short, and looking for the big fish.

0 Kudos