cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

So 164...........anyone

wanna take the bearish side of this and make a wager...........

how many honestly think 164 is attainable...........personally I think 154 is a better target..........

maybe make it more interesting............how about a 14B crop............anyone honestly think that is attainable.........personally I think its closer to 13.1B-13.5B............

steak dinner anyone????

22 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: So 164...........anyone

I'm willing to bet against 164. It is possible just not probable.

One ? I have is how is Milo / sorghum figured into the feed grain thing?

0 Kudos
jonnybegood
Contributor

+1 on that MT, my hunting buddy north of Wall SD is all excited because he thinks he can grow 100bu corn. The new acres will not be the quality acres.

0 Kudos
Redpower410280
Frequent Contributor

Dad always talks about 1974 and how USDA predicted a,7.4 billion bu crop and we raised 4.7 billion. I will go with that logic with the corn yield and say we will raise 146 BPA this year .
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

The national corn yield is always a moving target that has mother nature in control.  

0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

I guess we gotta start somewhere. I'd say that 164 is probably high, but the planted acres will end up north of 95 million. C'mon $14 beans.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

no takers yet??????  let it ride a while longer..........

I see a 95M plus........thats why I put in the 14B...........anyone think we get above 14B but its with more acres????????

lot of talk the last few days about how there is too much cheerleading..........well, these are stone cold printed numbers the USDA put out that says we will get over 14B and carryout will be well north 1B............yet no one wants to step up?????

0 Kudos
djsinseia
Frequent Contributor

I feed cattle for a living......that is enough of a gamble.  I don't need to make other bets.

Just think well of me when you cut into that medium rare  new york strip. Smiley Wink 

turdypointbuck
Frequent Contributor

Its gotta make 150 before it can make 164. They way the "experts" tell it, we already got the corn in the ground and its a foot tall lol. We've reached 160 + once in the last 5 years. Anytime we go ever 90 million acres, we have a short crop yeild wise. If I recall right, the year we had 164 bu, we had a bummper crop to the north south east and west. Im with Tiger, 154 is more realistic.

0 Kudos
bullrider685114
Veteran Contributor

My thoughts exactly, gotta  have 150 before 160. WC Indiana set to go down as 10th warmest on record. warm winters warm summers. If 2011 wasn't a record 2012 is gonna be scorching!

0 Kudos