cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

So Jim wanna wager on this 172 and 47 pipe dream in 2014

I thinking 80, and thats acres not dollars.

If interested i will even pay to have the papers drawn up
0 Kudos
8 Replies
425Cat
Advisor

Re: So Jim wanna wager on this 172 and 47 pipe dream in 2014

Ag academia and some of the ag media I bet is secretly hoping we have below cost of prod prices so they can say we told you so. Then they can print a bunch more stuff telling us poor slugs how to stay in business.
ISUMan
Frequent Contributor

He's merely referencing an article. He never stayed he supported the #'s let alone would he wager on them. Does quoting an article now mean you agree with whatever it says?
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

I typically don't reference propaganda that is ludicrous................to each his own
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Just wondering if "propaganda" is considered a prediction, a projection, or a forecast?  Smiley Very Happy

sw363535
Honored Advisor

Not propaganda--------------- 

Sw finally joined the "we got the big one" crowd in where it is raining and so forth.

1.8 to 3 inches over the general area, doubled our 2014 rainfall in one evening.  Still a spotted deal out west.

With it came another 6mile by 60 mile swath of destruction on the edge of the storm from just north of Guymon, Okla to LaVerne, Okla.

Some beautiful irrigated corn in much of that area.

Today we are discing up 15 leaf corn that has 80% green snap.  Green snap common through that path much 40-50% ---- lots of 15% or better.

Good one Roarintiger,  I am sure Jim will be able to answer that.

Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

"I typically don't reference propaganda that is ludicrous................to each his own"

Apparently you shoot blindly in the dark as well, since it's ob vious you have not read the article nor have you  careflully rad my post.

My post simply asked if one's marketingb plan was able to handle those numbers.  There were a number of different responses to that question.  

As you saw in my thread, I have a markeiting plan and it does address that and a number of other scenarios as I laid out in some detail.  Therefore your question is simply way of target.

Do you change the subject and twist words to make some specific poing?

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

forget the gorgonzola

A thick juicy texas T-Bone would do just fine.

0 Kudos
Silverwheaton
Senior Contributor

Mt,

I don't wager!  But if I did, I would bet you missed the highest price for this crop!   And I will use the price of 4.96 not 5.17.  Because that is where I am 100% sold. I used deep in the money puts back on April 22 and 23rd (5.70 and 5.80 puts) along with my own straight hedges.  I hope you are willing to admit you were wrong when we go down to say 3.60 and only recover the carry to say, 4.25 (just a guess) next spring!  By the way 100% sold new beans at 12.33.  And yes I will admit I am wrong if necessary.

A lot of bulls on here keep ignoring the crop conditions.  I think that will come back to bite them. 

Corn around here looks great.  Beans? Not so good! They have wet feet problems. nw Ohio

0 Kudos