cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Panterafan
Senior Contributor

So are any bulls left!!

Do any of you think we will see a rally before Sept. 1st.  I'm starting to think not, and at the same time I don't  think we get to 170 bushel national average, I'd say closer to 160. Some give me some predictions boys and gals.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Re: So are any bulls left!!

Why say you 160? How do you calculate that number?

0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

Yes we will see a rally going into the sept crop report. From where?? Not sure
0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Things were looking tough around here, but the roots found the nitrogen, it was planted what I`d call late but it still can yield well, just be possibly wet.  i would not be suprised if the national yield will be 170, but really even if it turns out 160, that`s still more carryover than it takes to be a bull.  Unless you`re bullish that corn will be higher than $3  Smiley Happy

I don`t know why I`m smiling next year is gonna suck.

0 Kudos
farmerinontaro
Veteran Contributor

When the boat is leaning that heavy to one side, usually something occurs to right the ship somewhat.

On the other site there is a massive quarrel over crop maturity and heat units before potential frost in the fall.

I would not discount frost completely, it is very cold in some of the northern climes for this time of year.

Another thing is to consider is the magical extra 3.5 million acres usda found....

I do not think they will back track on those acreage numbers now, but more than likely the harvested acres may start to drop...

Demand is going to get better with these prices as well.

I am certainly in no rush to sell unsold production, the specs have to buy out of their positions as well!  Not going to help them at these prices!

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

12.8B crop

And yes there are bulls left

And no, a rally will be hard to come by the next few months unless something lights a candle. Real crop wont be known till later, at that juncture things will move
0 Kudos
425Cat
Advisor

I am friendly at these levels for a couple of months. Not sure we can turn the macd around though.
0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

Some people are crazy. Remember that 12b gone, 11b in jeopardy post? Some crazy outlandish bulls here.

There's gonna be a lot of corn. Lots of beans. Record acreage in ontario, so I believe the record for the states. People are still breaking sod in the spring here to plant crops... Come on!!!
0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

Speaking of the other site what happened in th TPP forum? Inquiring minds...
0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

I'm thinking big crops. Here's what I'm committing to: beans 50% down at 11.75+13. I'm afraid of what frost damage could do... Everyone had some in a little later than I like.

Wheat: sold many years, don't give a **bleep** what your wheat yield is in Kansas. I think I'm undersold though given how the crop looks.

Corn, all outside, no selling. Didn't want to sell a bushel because I'm not running 30+% corn. Sell in May when carry exists... Spring harvest. Man did my spring harvest go good. No moisture!! Spring always brings higher prices and the planting carrot, so we will have a seasonal rally, after we plummet this fall
0 Kudos