Any takers

Haha

I hope this market flat destroys some of these ignorant traders

The door is narrow and the complacency is high

Boom
6 Replies
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Re: I figure you all gonna be in the maybe 12, and hopefully 2B club Next year..

don't know if folks is payin attention but This el nino deal works out to 1 thing...Global Famine. BR ain't gonna have it over the winter. and neither is the usa in 2016. Good Luck. I think we may be talkin $40 beans by Jan.. we'll see.
0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Re: So based on 7 day precip map and 6-14 day maps WHO

Haha.
0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

IMG_1658.JPG

I had surgery on my elbow a weel ago - so have not been ale to get in the field to see what is going on - yesterday on my way home from Shelby Co- Co-op - I had to take a look see - these are from the field around my house - BUT as I just got 3 -4 rows in on the end rows - it started to rain - so grabed these 2 - next to each other and this is what I found - So this leads me to one of rants - Fellows - I'm SO sick of reading - every - yes every Analyst - from Mogan Stanley - Ag Resource - you name it say --- The Trade thinks that with the dryer weather - that the corn has really turned around - What B.S. - but this comes from people - in the big city - that my best guess is that they only know the difference in corn and beans is the way it is spelled -- put both in front of them and  they would be lost - lmao   This pollination problem was what I was afraid I would see - as when the "Analyst's thought - ( KEy Word - thought ) that cool - wet and cloudy weather was the ticket - when in real life - cool - wet and cloudy for 3 days or more - is just as bad for pollination in dry and hot weather . I hope today to get deeper in the fields today for a better look - but this is not a good start - A lot of corn around here is fireing up to the ear leafs - but this was the early planted corn and it's really running out of gas - fast .

Corn planted May 9-10 - N = 30 units at planting - 2x2 then sidedressed at V-9 - V10 - 180 units - 28 %

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

It`ll be interesting to hear crop tour reports, I`m not overly impressed with ear size on some of this 10 foot tall solid dark green corn.  Maybe at ear determination time, there was too many clouds or Canadian forest fire smoke.  So, maybe the "good stuff" grew alot of plant material, but not as much as we think of grain.   But as always, time`ll tell.

0 Kudos
IllinoisSteve
Senior Contributor

Re: So based on 7 day precip map and 6-14 day maps

I'm not there yet. I am still at 13 and 3.5. Many placs still need rain but many have gotten some too. We managed an inch on everything which will keep us going for a while but will still need that 2 inch soaker within a couple of weeks.
0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

Re: So based on 7 day precip map and 6-14 day maps

So if we have 13 in corn where do youse price at? Funny how fickle this market is right now.
0 Kudos