cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

So, tell me, how do I market in a situation where.....

So, tell me, how do I market in a situation where Warren Buffett admits that he "should have sold everything" and a secret pandemic report written for FEMA and circulated in the government predicts 200,000 cases and 3000 deaths per day in June?    The truth is, now that we've seen the more conservative models fail, a half a million or even more deaths are back on the table.  Trump's promise that "there will a vaccine before the end of the year" sounds more like wishful thinking in the face of an impending disaster than any reasonable,  rational statement.

And now, the trump administration has refused to join the international vaccine agreement where nations agree to share the technology for the first successful vaccine throughout the world.  First, trump tries to secretly buy up German vaccine technology and now he's betting that the US alone will develop a successful vaccine in six months.

Do I assume that there will be a certain inertia in the economy that will allow basic commodities to maintain some value even as things get really bad? Sure people can get back to work but will consumers be in any mood to buy?  Will people dare go to restaurants or shop or even drive? Will they even be in the mood.  Will they even be able to afford to drive?

A couple of days ago, I was still operating on the assumption that we could work through a bad spot but still come out of it by maybe Sept with our markets reasonably intact, corn at $3, maybe a little less, beans at $7 or $8.  But I'm not so sure anymore.

That's a lot to think about, maybe it's easier just to keep planting corn and let what will happen, happen.  Not necessarily smarter, just easier.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Oh, by the way, Deere, here's a picture of ....

Oh, by the way, Deere, here's a picture of the mass graves in New Jersey.  Tell you what, I'll take my chances with a meteorite any day over coronavirus.

mass grave NJ.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Is that a NY Times photo?  then it could be from anywhere in the world, but probably NOT New Jersey.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

With over 1/3 of all US deaths in New York and New Jersey.......yet mass transit is still operating and only this week started to disinfect trains once/day. Where infected patients were forced back into nursing homes while a hospital ship set nearly empty. And many want Cuomo to replace Biden as the dem nominee. You can't fix stupid.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Stupid? you mean like Dawson, Neb. which now...

Stupid?  You mean like Dawson county, Neb which now had the third-highest per capita rate of infection?   I don't where you live but I'm betting your turn is coming. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

You’ve not been paying attention. 30 is protected from on high. 

Either way. Untouched or ravaged, he’s got his hedge in place. And will point out that anyone who is taken with him did have a clear choice that they made.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

You mean a county with 4 deaths? Maybe the governor there should call Cuomo for some advice.

0 Kudos