cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

So what did ADM get

in return for what certainly appears to be a bribe of at least $3-4M to the incoming Ag Sec in 2017?

Typically Corps expect a many-fold return on their direct bribes- actually somewhat greater than their legal political bribes. Earnings look pretty good but you an bury a lot of $M's in close to $700M in quarterly earnings- a record in Q4, though.

On the other end, so close to all rebranded Dixiecrats are corrupt as to make it the default assumption.

As far as ADM goes, they made the appearance of cleaning out the rot but corporate culture runs deep.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
illinifarmer
Advisor

Re: So what did ADM get

What do you think they got in return?  Suppressed prices on the markets, falsified usda numbers and reports, and a whole lot of deregulation in the industry.  We have all seen what the previous administration was. That’s why so many tied into them are behind bars. Personally sonny should be there as well.  C r o o k s the lot of them

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

They don't really care about the price level- they care about the margins- which are often better when prices are high. And I suppose getting a chunk of high export volumes.

And they'd like to know where it's a headin' a bit before everybody else.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Ethanol margins weren't good over that period.

Soy crush not that great either- the other largest piece of their business.

Not sure where they made all that money.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Correction- there was a nice spike in crush margins Sept-Oct '20.

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: So what did ADM get,

"What did ADM get"?  That's what everyone would like to know but I'd be looking into anti-trust or anti-competitive questions.

Quote WP, "Months after Perdue took over the U.S. Department of Agriculture, his family trust sold AGrowStar to a group of investors along with all of its real estate for an undisclosed amount. According to Brown, AGrowStar sold for about $12 million." 

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out how much Perdue's trust got for the mill.

0 Kudos
wtmr
Friend

They got rid of what looks to be a mess--maybe I looked at wrong Google facility but all I could find

I suggest before spouting off what someone got that you go to Google map put in Estill SC and look at the crap heap he acquired for 250K-all roofs look rusted beyond, sheeting missing, bin pads with missing bins--probably collapsed, looks like a nightmare to maintain 1960's-1970's grain facility--to replumb it with new legs and conveyors and what not will exceed the value ADM originally asked for it.  Sometimes for free is too much. Just my opinion.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Sold a single boiler off it for double the entire purchase price?

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Board Chairman  compensation  for  20121  was  a  mere  $18,OOO,OOO .oo  +  -  -  -     

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

0 Kudos