cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Social media

has it run its course,, social media.   Will most just throw the apps away.

these tech giants are surviving on fake non profit money  it’s time for them to pay taxes like everyone else.  

Uber drivers need to follow the law that every other taxi driver.  It’s time for tech to start paying taxes instead of buying elections. 

10 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Social media

Biden said in last debate he was going to "ask" corps to pay more.

I thought he meant Hunter would have more high paying do nothing jobs...

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: I don't know where you live but ....

I don't know where you live but why don't you stop worrying about social media giants and worry about something you can do something about, like wearing masks, keeping your distance, and preventing the spread of coronavirus in your communities.

Take Iowa and South Dakota for instance, by Feb 1, both states will very likely have Covid statistics, deaths per million population far in excess of New York.   Mask usage for both of those states is pathetic and distancing is almost nonexistent.  Every serious illness and every death is a drain on those states' resources,   Already, both states far exceed their ICU hospital beds now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Social media

It`s too bad and I hate to say it but what`s good for Silicon Valley isn`t what`s best for America.  They need open immigration and free trade or the I-Phone would cost $4,000 instead of $1200.  They figure, the more they can peddle to the masses at $1200 is more profit than a smaller pond of those that would $4,000. Except, their profit is on the backs of the rest of the country, we`re the one`s that live in the mess they create.

Behind the skirts of "tree hugging" the Tom Steyer types threw over $200 million to Joni Ernst`s opponent, thankfully Iowans saw through it and Joni won.   I don`t know about Colin Peterson in Minnesota (Ag committee chairman) but his defeat will probably result in a coastal House Dem to take his place who thinks there`s 2 kinds of corn, sweetcorn & popcorn.  I rarely speak well of a Democrat, but Colin Peterson was probably the last good one A rating from NRA and didn`t vote to impeach Trump.  Minnesota probably should`ve rewarded him for standing up to his party.

Highlighted
Advisor

Re: I don't know where you live but ....

Not speaking to Iowa but SD hospitals as of last evening report 32% of their hospital beds and 30% of ICU beds as available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

the Covid fake crisis

wife lost her battle to vote.  Got forced to test at a local hospital and (no documentation provided). A verbal positive.  Forced onto the floor with all positive cases and family put on quarantene..  36 hours later released to go home with no symptoms—day after Election Day— denied the right to vote. While 70 million votes were cast without verification of life or participation in the process.  I’m watching over a bitter woman for the next 14 days.  Not one health care place or person would accept any responsibility for her care the minute they left her at the sidewalk.  Not inhome or even a partial day assignment. 

There is no greater example of what the left brings to us all than the current socialized medicine and the covid management 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: the Covid fake crisis

The aformentioned sw medical center, is run by the cheapest employee that can be recruited.  Not one medical doctor in the county has authorization to see his patients in that facility — it’s sole purpose at this time is to milk the covid crisis for all its worth. 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Follow up on this thread 11/16/20

Dave or mike , as a follow up on the subjects addressed in this thread — sw363525 And his wife have survived covid 19. At least so far.  The wife never had a symptom yet but had a positive test, was labeled and quarenteened. Placed in the covid ward. Then released to go home the second day.  Sw36-3535 on the other hand was charged w finding care for her other issues and going through a full case of covid the next few days after the hospital forced her to leave.   We survived yet are still in quarantine for another week.  Wife said it wasn’t so bad.  Sw will disagree.  It was brutal. 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Follow up on this thread 11/16/20

Everyone should watch:

"The Social Dilemna"

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Follow up on this thread 11/16/20

Thanks for the update SW, our prayers are for you and your wife`s health.