cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Soggy! Shooting out your back door

Man, it feels downright cold here this morning. Not sure how much rain we had overnight and yesterday, but it was well over an inch. It is a swamp out there this morning. A cold, dreary swamp!

Hey, if you're looking for a reason to kill a little time while you wait for thing to dry out a little, take your phone or camera out and shoot some photos of how wet and soggy it is at your place. The soggiest, muddiest, crummiest picture nets the shooter some "fabulous, valuable prizes" from me. SF books, swag or something awesome like that! Ha!

Let's see 'em! 

Hope everybody's doing alright weathering this weather!

JC

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Advisor

Re: Soggy! Shooting out your back door

Jeff there's a bean field under water near me. Stay tuned.
0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

A little over 2" in the rain gauge west of Iowa City.  I question we'll be in the field by Friday.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Storm total, 1.52.  Rain total since Aug. 1  19.93"-- 3" more than twice the normal.  The good news is, there is no rain in the 7 day forecast.  We are about 35% done with beans and 10% done with corn around here.  Wettest harvest I can ever remember.  Does a long drawn out harvest keep the "harvest lows" from going so low?  A lot of this record crop is being stored in the field just now.

Jeff, this would have been a big snow storm if it had been colder.  Thankful it was just rain.

I do remember two snow and or ice storms that came on the last day of OCT with both of them shutting the door for anymore harvest or field work those years. 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Tell me how to post a picture using an Apple mobile device and I'll do it Jeff.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Not very excited about taking pics of the mud, probably will get to spend way too much time working in it...  How about some clear skies like we had last week?  

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

If you want to email them to me, that'll work, Shaggster! I'll get 'em up here!

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I can get them on here but I've got to do the very thing you just said, email them to myself and post them using my PC.  Besides, not sure if you could see the mud thru all the dust.  Smiley Very Happy  Just kidding, we had a nice 1.75" last Friday.

Seriously though, you need to pull out all the strings to get this Apple picture posting thing ironed out.  You're losing alot of valuable pictures.  What's the old saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words", well I'm getting tired of all that typing.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Ha! You got it, Shag. I'll do some checking with the smart guys and see what we can do. 

The best part: Surely you're outside tailgating for tonight's Royals game since you can't get anything done in the field, right?! Let's just hope it holds off tonight so they can get it played! GO ROYALS! 

JC

0 Kudos
Advisor

Yes fix apple pictures
0 Kudos