cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Solar Max

Our Solar Maximum has been somewhat disappointing.  We should be having lots and lots of activity on the sun, and there is some, but nothing like we have come to expect from the last 10 series or so of solar max activity.

Suspicious Observers had a nice piece again this on our weakening magnetic grid around Earth, and possible long term effects going forward.  Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hOhq0vHfMI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUTiL1q9YbrVam5nP2xzFTWQ

Seems for the most part that we had enough "indoor storage" for this years crops.  I guess when you harvest 2 bbl and count it twice, and tends to make the crop look somewhat better than it is.  OK - we had a large crop.  But the numbers are being skewed by how much was used to cover from last year.  And there's already talk of next years huge crop. Whatever...

Jen

0 Kudos
12 Replies
capinegro3901115
Veteran Contributor

Re: Solar Max

Weather the WHOLE growing season wasn't ideal. Look what was produced. So why not talk about another big crop next year. Seems bulls what crop failure (heat and drought) and that's way to early to talk about.

Heard ya all summer the markets wrong the traders are wrong. Maybe but not yet

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

I'd like to order more of the same. This was as close to perfict growing season as I've ever had. Southern Ohio BTW.
0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Solar Max ????   How about Severe Weather MAX ! 

Were under a PDS  with a Torcon Factor of 9 out of 10 !

Everybody TAKE care

0 Kudos
KY_TOBDirt
Senior Contributor

I'll take another just like it too!
Best bean crop ever!!!
0 Kudos
capinegro3901115
Veteran Contributor

Were at 66 here in Barrington IL. with high winds gusting to 60-75 mph. Tor. warnings high winds sever thunderstorms thru 8 pm today. Bear game in the city will be interesting. They say they can evac. the 63k in 20 min if they have to.

GL all be safe

0 Kudos
bkadds
Advisor

You can have the wind. We had it up to the mid 50s yesterday. At least you will get some precip to help keep dirt from blowing.
0 Kudos
farsider
Senior Contributor

How often capinegro have we increased supply the next year after a spike up in production like this year? Also we look at trend lines in yield but there is also a trend line in demand, it isn't level or going down, is it?
0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

farsider,

you see sw's thread, "we need to produce more" --graph of US usage - kinda level last 5 yrs, but i believe world consumption is increasing. found this graph from agmanager.info. - only goes to 2010/11 yr...seems to be going up steeper with time.

ScreenShot037.gif

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

This sunspot activity is interesting.  This summer, I had been posting about that we should have 3 more years before the sunspots die down, and the sun goes dormant (no sunspots) once again.  But it does look like it will happen earlier than that.  The lack of sunspot activity could certainly decrease to nothing of consequence over the next year or two, and herald in cooler temps over all once again.  It will be interesting to watch this next cyle down, and see what occurs.  It's a very complex and interactive game we are playing right now with our atmosphere.  The Earth is adding it's own mechanism for change with magnetism decreasing, we're adding CO2 to our atmoshere like there's no tomorrow - oh, if we wait long enough, there just may not be.

Jen

0 Kudos