Senior Advisor

Re: Something doesn't add up

O and had a message yesterday from two of our grain buyers

Looking for old crop and wanted to know plans for 2014 crop

Just FYI
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Local E-plan has gone to a +.02 basis today........Not tremendous, but they are wondering where all of this farm stored corn is...   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Local E plant called me twice in the middle of july looking for corn. I said give me some extra money (5 cents) and I will sell some. They took my offer immediately. Should have held out for more.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

is that a sign that corn is a little short supply???? or do they want cheap grain?

Frequent Contributor

The new Shuttle out of Jacksonville IL is bidding 30¢ over till the 8th, think they go to Mexico, see some are offering free free DP till last of September in Ohio, Poet plant.

Had about an inch in July and have so far an inch this month and needed it too, no beans we go corn on corn, last year averaged 192, may beat that this year.

Patterend tile on 30" center and have ran very little last year and this year, Pond has not been filled this year.

We have been rippiing, with QuadTrac 18" deep

@roarintiger1 wrote:

Local E-plan has gone to a +.02 basis today........Not tremendous, but they are wondering where all of this farm stored corn is...   Smiley Wink

Garden sweet corn probably best we have ever had.

Jim W

0 Kudos