cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Something is wrong

Well peoples, elcheapo is about to blow a gasket (have to go find a shoebox and permatex)

in my humble opinion, something is wrong......these markets have no connection to what the actual supply and condtion of

the crops.

if you havent figured it out by now, by past posts, i'm from the midwest, and have mostly wheat.  For the past several

years, the HRW crop has not been a barn burner by any means, right sw ?

this year wasn't much better.

earlier this year, i believe our friend from the PNW, plauser (sorry about the spelling, between the heat and everything, the

old ibm system 36 has a blip once in a while) there was a shortage of their kind of wheat

i'm now seeing reports that the soft white is having toxin problems due to the wet weather......havent seen much

about the durum wheat......maybe they lost acres to corn.

also around the world, crop has not be "wonderful".....i know the traders point to the french wheat.....people, if you

would read the second paragraph of their reports, much of the wheat was feed quality, thusly, that is why there

was a discount, and lower price.

factor in that the corn might not be so whippy, due to weather (too much rain), planted late, loss of nitrogen due

too much rain and leaching down, and some that just didn't get planted....

sooooooooooooooooo

we keep going down.......at one point down 17 cents today........wheat is below 5 here, and at harvest was over

6.....and the charts showed, and the talk showed, we had a bullish outlook.

sooooooooooooooo

i've called my congressman......for what all it will do......and impressed upon his aide the need to have this looked into.

and the answer........it's a free market and we can not interfere with it.

yes, my friends, it's a free market......owned mostly by an overseas person, and traded by computers, a human does not

even have to make an offer, or do a trade.....

friends.......can't you see there is a problem here ?

i guess i'm not smart enough anymore to figure out what to do.

so this is what all our boys bleed and died for over the years for...... i'm sorry, i'm really really sorry for your sacrafice, please forgive us for what we have become.

15 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Something is wrong

Something weird is going on that started last night that has spooked all the commods.  But low and behold the unsinkable Molly Dow is up, perhaps the fed`s plunge protection in action, that doesn`t hurt the dollar a bit.

0 Kudos
Advisor

I just don't understand chance of rain here Friday nothing Saturday ended up with upwards of 4 inches .?! Fields already hurt beyond repair a month ago soybean fields that never got planted and wheat still up everywhere over here? This market is a uncontrollable joke they say wait for reports and weather then when it happens the market continues to trade lower what the F? Honestly what has to happen to get an up tic in the green a full loss that's ridiculous.
0 Kudos
Advisor

All is well--just ask the traders who know it all long before anyone else. I agree something is brewing.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Elcheapo,

You are starting to sound like me.  

When I want the market to go up it goes down and when I want the market to go down it goes up?  Something is very wrong.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

It sure feels like a rigged carnival game to me. There are going to be a lot of large losses and a lot of surprised people when all of this shakes out.

Barnum and Bailey would be impressed.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Welcome to the monkey house.

It has a familiar feel to it, not unlike the first 20 years or so that I farmed. If you shot fast and lucky on the markets and had a decent crop you could make a bit but if not you could lose more.

The difference being that back then we were dealing with profit/loss swings for the average guy in the tens of thousands of dollars on balance sheets in the $hundreds of thou.

Now add a 0.

Not at all unusual back in that day that "the market" was going to do its darndest to buy old crop cheap before it showed its hand. That said I think there will be a time to be long this market, or, in a more true marketing view, too late to make panic sales. It should be better sometime.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

There looking at the fringe acres Smiley Wink

20150713_192242.jpg20150720_161052.jpg

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

one simple answer they want less acres or less food maybe we should give it to them

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Something is wrong. RELAX

Folks did not quit eating yesterday.

the lows on evrything are in, done and just past us.

Everything is headed higher ( specially from Mid Sept onward ).

0 Kudos