cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Something is wrong

Just noticed the corn/bean ratings -- Kluis said "no change" in his email -- headline on this website "condition ratings improve", then goes on to say unchanged from last week.  Go figure, I guess.

Honored Advisor

Re: Something is wrong

Mike might be right with the carnival example but it seems to me --- Some would never consider this..........

1.  We have shipped our process(the USA's pricing process)......the open trade process(cbot)...... to the international format.  Forgetting that the US production and integrity of US economics activity and legal system was the backing that supported the faith in the system.....

2.  At this point, the primary,,,,,,, nearly the only force driving the markets internationally is a department of the US federal government run by political appointees.      With a history of basing their statements on the law of averages....  not the data collected....

Bothers me.... but it is probably the least political "department of Agriculture" in the world and the most ethical........ Sounds good but might be true only because it is being compared to reporting agencies around the world that have little credibility...

3   Seems to me that the US is trying to expand, give away, or apply our economic systems to the "new world economy",,,,,, 

Are we giving away something very special,,,,, to a world that will just trash it?    I think so..

Are we being sold and bartered away one "institution at a time", by our own small "world leader" wantabes??

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: LOL, kinda wonder

who all is getting "greased" in various respect to follow the usda "supposed Bible?"

whole deal just Blows ME away. Period.

( perhaps there's lying arses getting PAID by the next lying ARS )

0 Kudos
Esteemed Advisor

Pretty normal market behavior, what did you guys expect? Markets can NEVER go from "flood" to "drought" without a 2 or 3 week adjustment period. This is extremely typical market action.

The specs bought Billions of bushels of grain in 3 weeks. That kind of crash of money flowing onto the beach is going to create a pretty good under-tow for a bit.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well, it`s a bigger story than just the grains.  The CRB index is 210, gold oil, cooper lumber all taking it on the chin and the dollar at 98.  Here`s a 5 yr chart of the CRB

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/CRY:IND 

Lowest in 5 years, floods or droughts are all on the backburner right now.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Advisor

Great point BA...TIME for a swing high in $ and swing low in the silver, just have to see if it works.

0 Kudos