cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Sorghum is Finished

Wrapped up my 2014 fall harvest this evening. Overall I'm very pleased, most milo fields went well over 100.
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Sorghum is Finished

100 scalliwags?
kyu2852570
Veteran Contributor

Wow shagger you must have gotten some rain! I had some also that was irrigated replant after a storm and it was tremendous with a .10 Dec corn basis today. We had a very small amount of a long season number on a border that was close to 200 under a pivot. I have never grown it before until this year and i actually liked raising it!

what is your milo basis doing there?
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Good summertime rain and near ideal planting conditions. The first 3 weeks of August took off the top end, but overall I'm pleased. Local basis is -13, and that's including a +20 adjustment 2 weeks ago.
0 Kudos
elcheapo
Senior Advisor

Ok now time to jump in the shower and
Wash off that horrible milo dust. That
Stuff will eat you alive
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Maybe I'm more tolerant than others, but milo (or oat) dust has never bothered me anymore than wheat dust has.  I've blown all the heavy residue off the combine and rinsed out the couple bushels of grain that remains inside the grain tank and parked it in the shed.  Planning on blowing off the rotor and basically getting it shined up on Monday.  Calling for low temps in the teens and highs in the low 30's next week starting Tuesday so I better get all my outdoor work completed on Monday.

0 Kudos