cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Sorta True, Sorta Not

But terrible PR for ag.

FOX softball tourney, businessman complains about tariffs that are killing him.

Grandpa Ranty says, I’m giving the money to (my) Farmers.

ooh boy.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Farmers' reputation as ....

Trump's building our reputation as selfish greedy money-grubbers only concerned with our own economic interests with complete disregard for the health and safety of the other people who work in the food supply system is small potatoes compared to the damage he and Fox News is doing to America and Americans.  I can't do anything about it but the fact is, the farmers' support of trump is their own fault and they will pay the price for it.

On the other hand, I listened to part of Trump's "townhall" on Fox News and I have to say that Fox News' providing Trump with an uncritical platform for his continual stream of misinformation, mischaracterization, and misstatement of the reality of the situation is really unsettling and unfortunate.

When the historians get around to write about this episode, trump and Fox News aren't going to come off well. They will use terms like, "immoral, criminally negligent" to describe them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Would that be the same fox news that employ Chris Wallace, Juan Williams, Judge Napolitano, and Donna Brazile? The same Donna Brazile who twice on the air told RNC chairman Ronna McDaniel to go to he!!. Is that the fox news of which you speak?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Putting a tax on US consumers and businesses in order to pay off farmers so they won't mind the trade bungling is bad optics.

Particularly when the lion's share goes to about 100K families.

I'd suggest a PR agency. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: No, it's the Hannities, Carlsons, Inghrams, and whole list of similar minded ....

No, it's the Hannities, Carlsons, Inghrams, and whole list of similar-minded that I'm thinking of.  The Wallaces, Williams, etc are only a small, very small minority.

Now if Fox had had Wallace asking the questions that would have been a very different affair, let me tell you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: No, it's the Hannities, Carlsons, Inghrams, and whole list of similar minded ....

Sonny, on 60 minutes actually presented a better argument.

Although he failed to mention that the Congressional authorization that he was just followin’ was from the 30s.

I always said I was in favor of Bungled Trade Stormy Payoffs if they had taken the request to Congress and had a debate over them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

And I do think that temporary assistance in this crisis is warranted.

But going forward the entire neoliberal ag project is a mess.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Wallace does get to ask the questions. Then there is Brazile and Napolitano ask questions and get to weigh in.

0 Kudos