cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Soybean Price

Havent' we had great demand lately in the soybean market.?  I think so.  In fact, I think we are now ahead of pace.  

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Soybean Price

Complacency in all of the grain markets is astounding.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Is it time to start owning some Gio/lucas?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I love it SW..."is it TIME". 

jmo It is TIME to start owning lots of things, fuels, NatGas, wheat, pretty much anything that isn't paper. :-)

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SW,

I think soybeans have good support around the 870-850 range and I am buying at these levels and holding even it goes down further.  Unfortunately, there is too much bad information that keeps buyers on the sidelines: China's slowing economy, Improved weather in South America, the strong dollar and our big production.  On the opposite side, I think the demand will continue and the fact that we are getting more customers is a bullish item that people are not paying any attention to.  Since China has done away with the one child policy I think China can get to a population of 2 Billion pretty quickly and that will give us more customers. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Gio........it's gonna take about 9 months.     Smiley Wink

Honored Advisor

I know with metaphysical certitude that it`s TIME that corn and beans will go higher, because I SOLD and don`t have any LEFT.  Smiley Happy  

oh and you`re all WELCOME

0 Kudos
Contributor

I read yesterday the current average is 1.8 (also read 1.4 to 1.7) kids per family.  The rich have always been able to have more than one.  The past few years even the middle class could have more than one.  Many of the people in the interior have always ignored the one child policy.  Worldwide as economies improve, the families have fewer children.  The China population average age will be increasing significantly.  Currently one in seven are over 60 years of age.  In 15 years it will be 25% over 60.  Since boys are favored, the policy has resulted in a significant number girl babies being aborted so there will be fewer women to give birth in the future. 

Their population growth has been amazing.  In 1950 China had roughly twice the US pop.  Now it is 4 times bigger and it would have been 5 times larger without the 1 child policy.  Their total population is still expected to start declining by 2030.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

puts a whole different spin on the "War on poverty"  

Could you actually increasse the average economic level of the population by controlling the birth rate of the poor.

Havent we been trying the reverse of that?

just a passing thought........ Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SW, it's a good question as to whether people in the USA actually are doing that badly, compared to 40 years ago, or if the real problem is the relative increase in the number of poor people due to reproduction patterns in the USA...ie...people of means having very few offspring, and poor people having several babies. This would tend to lead to a concentration of wealth in short order.

0 Kudos