cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Spam update

Good morning, everybody. Hope everyboday had a great Christmas! Wanted to check and see if anybody's having any trouble with the spam filtering measures I put into action earlier this week. Any issues or questions? Let me know!

Thanks again for your patience. I'll keep on it! 

JC

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Spam update

You missed one

(wolf of wall st)

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Yikes! Got it knocked off! Good eye, Hobby!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

jeff we are getting a lot of words blocked and a few have had trouble posting links.  

Words denied,      T V , l i v e,    w a t c h    , 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Without the the spaces they will not work  ------- if there is a lot it will be a mess entering the spaces every time.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Good morning, SW. Yep, that's what I've been afraid of. I added those words to the list in hopes that it might get the spammers to move along after a couple days, then once they're gone, I could remove them from the list. 

Of those words you mention, SW, which one do you think you'd most often use? I can remove one and see what it does. What do you think? Anybody else?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Na Na,

It's not that big an inconvenience to me,   Especially if its short term

If the spammers start using SW363535 or SW then ----------------- your content will probably improve  Smiley Happy

If this happens --------- make sure it is not coming from east central indiana or anywhere near Podunk, Iowa.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I'm sure the NSA already has EC & Podunk on their watchlist! Ha! 

Guys, I sure do appreciate you all's patience with all of this. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Just have to "w - a - t - c - h your phraseology" as Mayor Shinn (Paul Ford) said in "The Musicman". 

I reworded a message to use "inhabit" instead of "l - i - v - e".

Appreciate your efforts Jeff - we'll get thru it.

Honored Advisor

SW you are tempting us....

0 Kudos