cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Stay warm - Mn

1/1/14 recorded low / Int'l Falls was -38* F = -38.9* C...1.1* colder C = F. interesting.

INTERNATIONAL FALLS - next 7 days forecast.
   -24/13   -5/-3    -28/-17  -31/-14  -24/-5   -19/4    -3/12
    30/70    80/20    00/10    10/20    10/00    10/10    20/20

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Stay warm - Mn

Ohhhhhhhhh - Baby it's cold outside.... 16 below out right now - and worse to come.   Those coas at my feet fell mighty good right now!

Jen

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

it's about 80 degrees warmer here in se Tx now (41) than it was in n Mn yesterday and it feels pretty coolish.Smiley Sad

it's all about what we get used to, ey?...that relativity thingy...................

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Global warming ... gotta just love it Smiley Sad

Those idiot "scientists" down in the Antarctic that got caught in that floating ice cube that three ice breaker ships couldn't break through still cling to the global warming foolishness. Should have left them there... (it is the equivilent to our July down there right now)

The year without a summer is not so far fetched for our northern farm country. Brazil and parts of Argentina froze their wheat this year. Still wet crops to harvest in some areas of Canada and the NE US. (not enough heat units to mature properly) They are getting pounded with winter.

The next few years could be interesting. South Podunk Country may still be too far north?

Just a balmy -5 F here right now. We are promised that will be our high in a few days... OH JOY.

One of the out door digital temp thingy's here must have been designed by one of those warming dudes.... just reads LL.L 

At least they could have had it read "br.r?

Might be glad our furnace is slightly oversized???

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I just installed a outdoor wood burner. For some reason I'm using almost twice as much wood as I thought.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Cows are off on production about 15%. Milk man says everybody is off about 10%. Everyday something new freezes up. But 4 weeks ago we laid in a barrel of over the road diesel. Haven't had any fuel gel ups yet.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Just another WINTER day in Minnesota.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I have one too buck. I fill it in the morning and when I come home at night. I keep a pretty good pile next to it but mostly just work off a wagon. When the wagon is empty I go reload it as time allows and work out of the pile till then.
Also have an oil furnace in the basement for backup. I keep it's thermostat about 5 degrees cooler than the other. If I can't make it home, the ole lady might not feel up to chugging some of those 50 and 60 lb sticks in the stove Smiley Wink
It's 14 and windy here right now. A couple Inches of snow on the ground that stings your face while smacking a frozen gate chain. But at least the silage tractor started this morning!
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I'm surprised this cold weather hasn't been blamed on ethanol for some reason..........................

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Let's see E gave us high cost feed. That meant less cows. Less cows means less poo and cow farts. Fewer cow farts means less green house gases. Less gases means less global warming,........ yep its ethanol fault! LOL
0 Kudos