Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Still dryish

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Still dryish

It's on the dry side Everywhere Globally.  Both the North And South Hemispheres.

As  far as Midwest USA alot is low on subsoil h2o this year.  So it's going to take some rain..  Granted could still snow a bunch too.  

So far it's basically warmer and drier  bout everywhere .

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The ditches are getting a little black snow from the fall tillage, that upper dry layer has no problem blowing.  Out by Postville the other day there was a guy out tiling in a valley, they have a pretty good snow pack.  Funny how you drive through no snow and it`s 34° and you get to snow pack area and it`s 25°.    We aren`t set up with a full charge of moisture as we were last year.  

For our own good, I think it would be better for our bottomlines to not have an above trendline yield in 2021.  The old Chicago adage of `rain makes grain` must be generally true, but I handle drought way better than I handle too much rain.   Most of the country though, just can`t seem to ever get too much rain.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?u=8d3c6770418c4ea65287a7768&id=e0ab8c06e5

Interesting things on the rest of the page not just the comments

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

"USDA announced the sale of 204k MT of beans to China. There has been talk of Jul/Aug interest."

Somebody still has/had uncommitted supplies or think they can get them?

About 9 million more bu.

0 Kudos