cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Stock market trading stopped

Just thought you should hear the news from a friend.  

6 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Stock market trading stopped

Executive   Order   -  ?   Or  how  do  you  call  in  a  trading,   circuit  breaker  order - ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I think when it drops 7% in automatically triggers for a period of 15 minutes.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Sort of my opinion of circuit breakers, like grain daily limits. The market is going to go where it will.

BTW, VIX hit 64 today, closed at 54.

I suppose I'd have to consider a light poke at the long side of SP if it hits 90- equal to the height of the 2009 crash.

But with a high VIX, options will be expensive. Probably more a matter of being long price, short vol if I can figure out how.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Apologies- had failed to notice that the NASDAQ also had an unfilled gap from Friday.

Not exactly another classic breakaway being inside the range of recent trading but I'm inclined to think that one more gap and maybe trade into the 7300-7500 area will be good enough for now- approximately an equal leg measurement with the first down wave.

Although I'm also kind of revising my longer term objective- off the cuff I said that the major indices might shed half over the next couple of years but I think it might be closer to 2/3.

Although I missed the bottom in '09 and they actually rang a bell there when they came out and said that the FDIC etc. wouldn't make banks (every single one was insolvent) mark their collateral to market.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Point to the last comment- techs are useful but policy can overwhelm them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Lastly  -  now  NO  LIVE  STUDIO  AUDIENCE ,  at  Wheel  of  Fortune   &   Jeopardy ,  so  nothing  is  sacred   - Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos