cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Storage Wars

Yuup, if you rented a storage locker and filled it with beans, that was smart.   Smiley Happy

5 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Storage Wars

Thought we should help open the door for higher prices and sold the last third of our beanies today.

Just thought a plus 50 cent move past $13 cash should be a reason to do something.

Neighbors were hauling like crazy today.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Made a 80 Mile each way trip after supplies yesterday, saw 3 bin sites along the way augering beans into semis.

Elaine Cub in a radio interview today said she was sure farmers were 90% sold out of beans.

0 Kudos

Sold all mine last year. Did get $10 on the last of them, so like a good Vikings fan, I'll say "We'll get them next year!!!"

Do have a bin full of unsold corn though, so I still have a chance....

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

My beans are long gone too.  I see corn is a 1/2 penny from 5 bucks overnight! Only smart thing I did was lock in some soybeanmeal when I sold beans.  When grinding feed, you don`t want to leave any on the ground  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Advisor

Don't feel bad...I sat on soybeans for two years and finally got scared and sold them for $8.50 right before the big rally started.

I guess the one thing I have not done is price any 20210new crop and still have a few trucks of unpriced 2020 production.

Got burned once by selling $3 corn three years out, and won't ever do that again. 

No one ever hits the top on everything, but I am sure someone will show up and tell us how they did, right?

0 Kudos