cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveBD1
Contributor

Storm Damage

How bad was the storm damage to crops in Iowa Saturday.  Lot of reports of high winds and hail. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Storm Damage

NCIA & SCMN I didn`t see any hail damage, a little leaning corn...my Pioneer corn is standing strong  Smiley Happy  Some got  1" of rain others nothing yesterday.

0 Kudos
gurly3801539
Advisor

I'm in SWMN not Iowa but Trump made it hail on us yesterday afternoon. Will take a few days to see how bad but not good. Corn tasseling and silking  got stripped and broken fairly bad. Beans who knows they do strange things. It was about a mile and a half to two mile wide strip around here. Friend told me he went from northern Nobles County MN to Arnold's Park Iowa and he saw evidence of that strip all the way.  We had broken windows, broken siding, and dents in steel buildings.  Several stones about half the size of my palm. Pretty jagged. There is of course varying degrees of damage in this strip.  Neighbor said .75 rain, our gauge got broken. 

0 Kudos
rsbs
Veteran Advisor

Sorry to hear about that storm hitting you. Hail is really ugly and I hope you were adequately insured. Even with insurance it takes a lot to repair and replace.

0 Kudos
gurly3801539
Advisor

Thanks rsbs. We are insured, we will survive. One of the chances you take in doing business.  We had a nice spring and good weather and a lot of potential up to this point.  Most of this area has good looking crops.

0 Kudos