cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Sue Martin Market Plus

Sue touches on the Chinese 3 Gorges dam possible "black swan", they`ll get a break in the weather a couple weeks, then monsoons resume into September.  100`s of thousands acres of crop land and 100`s of thousands of people at risk.  Sue recalls the "Three S`s" in the inflationary 1970`s Silver, Soybeans and Sugar.  Sue thinks China will follow through with their purchases, because they need food, $8 corn at auctions over there and 100% sold out every time.

I don`t want to in any way take Sue`s hypothetical corn out of context, beans and wheat price possibilities in the event of inflation, so click on the video and see for yourself.  Perhaps that explains all this +$20/acre fungicide going on $3 corn and $8 beans?   Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE89qjH1DDg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Sue Martin Market Plus

the grains are in process of Doubling Up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I have been selling 2018 and 2019 soybeans all summer on the rallies, and thinking about selling 2020 right out of the field too and keeping my bins full of corn until the eventual rally.

$8.50 soybeans are not going to buy any new pickup trucks but they will pay the seed, chem, equipment and land cost. $3 corn doesn't work for me and if it's $3 next year, I will look at beans on beans. Bet a lot of other people are going to do that, too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

If u still have '18 beans under '19 beans then $8 beans and new pu will work.

I have a small Aug contract of beans to deliver next week of older beans, stopped at Woodhouse on way by Yesterday.

Literally hundreds of pickups on lot and not one single one suitable. Very few flex fuel ones. Middle of corn country ...

Not impressed.

Acted like he couldn't understand why anybody would want one. Eight loads of corn to an e plant Last week was my answer. More needs to go or I'll need volunteers for bin building...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

not the truck I want to buy.  it's been ten years, and I can wait another year or two.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

This drought thing could have legs, it`s spreading in NCIA, yesterday`s 1/4" prediction was a bust and a week ahead of dry.   Heard on WHO Big Show there was silage chopping in western Iowa, only one out of 10 stalks had a ear...that`s 3,4 weeks early to be choppin` ain`t it?  I`m going out that way tomorrow, should be interesting.  

Corn is being traded with 181 in mind and "big crops get bigger", could end up 175...in January report after Great Grain Robbery 2.0.  Make them bins pay!

0 Kudos