cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

Super Bowl and grain prices??

Is there any correlation- real or imagined between which side wins the Super bowl (AFC or NFC)  and what grain prices will do in the coming year?  And who are you rooting for? 

Me, I'm pulling for New...

York Giants.   Never cared for the Patriots. But its only a game, right.  Wait, unless it affects grain prices!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Re: Super Bowl and grain prices??

It the Giants win then it is bullish for the grain markets considering they are the underdogs.  If the Patriots win then it is bearish because they are expected to win.  Buy the Rumor sell the fact.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Super bowl fans don't impress me. $3800 for the cheapest ticket doesn't sound like people with much business sense.

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

I guess your paying for the experience of being there LIVE.  Go figure.  The ambiance, the parties, ...etc. I guess bragging rights also that they are there where millions are watching from the tube.

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

We went to superbowl ten in Miami.  Dallas and Pittsburg  You could buy scalper tickets for $10 by game time. The time to sell is before you run out of buyers.  Perhaps a grain farmer could learn from that.

0 Kudos
ray h.
Senior Contributor

Looks like the grains will now be bullish,(lets do our part!)

0 Kudos