cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

Syngenta

Anyone going to partcipate in the Syngenta lawsuit?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike - Wisconsin
Contributor

Re: Syngenta

Yup, After a lot of thought we are going too. Just trying to decide which lawyer group to go with. Its kind of the elephant in the room on this board. There is a few threads about it on the other site. Interesting to me that no one wants to talk about it.

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

I have heard that once your name is n the lawsuit, you might become part of "blackballed" list for future use by company x. I really have heard this. But, I have no confirmation of it. Has anyone else heard of this ludicrous idea?

Mike

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Mike,

How do you feel about the claim that the denial of purchases from this seed variety made the markets go lower? Do I have that claim right?

Mike

0 Kudos
Mike - Wisconsin
Contributor

Well it certainly didn't help the markets go higher. As far as I can remember, everytime it was announced that a cargo was rejected by China the price of corn had a healthy down move that day.

Did the price of corn drop in half only because of the chinese rejections - of course not. No one will buy that argument including the judges and jurys that will be involved with this case.

I've never been the guy that cheered for LDP's, Direct Payments, Low Interest Loans, CSP Payments, ARC/PLC Payments, Use Value Property Tax accessment, Disaster Payments, Highly subsidized crop insurance premiums, stacked in our favor income tax code, ect. ect. I've always accepted those benefits of farming with a touch of shame. There is certainly good people that would argue for good reasons that all those things are needed/neccasary for a variety or reasons. Rather than make that argument with my non-farm friends, I usually just add that in order to compete in the modern ag world, participation is neccasary. I view the syngenta lawsuit in a similiar way. Tens of thousands have signed up - There is no chance our farm is going to make a difference in preventing the fall of Syngenta over this if that is what happens.

I really dont care about the being black listed. Havent planted anything from syngenta for over 5 years. Don't like the dealers. There never seems to be a shortage of people trying to sell us seed.

wlbcrowe
Friend

no monsantos way to make syngenta sell out

0 Kudos
GregoryACade
Veteran Reader

As a lawyer specialized in environmental cases, I strongly advise everyone whose business had to suffer following the use of Syngenta’s GMO Agrisure Vipterain corn strain to take action and recover the money they are eligible for. The $1.5 billion settlement has only recently been approved and the company is to set up a trust fund in the near future, which will provide all businesses affected by their unauthorized product – corn farms, ethanol plants, grain trading facilities – with compensation for the financial loss they were unjustly hit with. By applying for compensation, you will not be blackballed from purchasing Syngenta products in the future, as one user above said they had heard.

While you can seek money from the settlement on your own, it is highly recommended to work with a lawyer whose main area of practice is Environmental Law, as they will be of tremendous help to your case. They will gather the necessary documents to prepare your claim within 2-3 days, conduct additional research whose findings may increase the sum of money you are entitled to, as well as submit the necessary paperwork on your behalf so that you can focus on more important aspects in the meantime, such as your business.

It may also be worthy of note that this is not the first time Syngenta sold unapproved products on the U.S. market, as in 2014, they were commercializing Duracade, a rootworm control product, which had not been priorly approved by China either. The fraudulent decision of the company resulted in economic impact of up to $3.4 billion.

0 Kudos