Highlighted
Honored Advisor

TID BITS

"China’s government will use revenue raised from import taxes on soybeans to help firms that face higher costs as a result of tariffs"

this makes it like the tariff almost doesn't exist...

####################

"Argentine crushers are expected to import a total of 6 million mt of soybean during 2018,"

That is about 1/4 a BILLION bushels of non Argentinean beans. Some are USA grown.

################       

China will next week auction almost 500,000 mt of soybeans in two northern provinces from its 2013 harvest, the China National Grain Trade Center (NGTC) said on Monday.

Seems corn isn't the only thing they have hoarded. Five year old reserves.

###############

Beans are not getting out of central Brazil due to ongoing trucker strikes.

Maybe that's why they may buy our beans do a paper shuffle and wah-La, right there in port on Brazilian water they become Portuguese speaking beans?

#############

I'm not sure even some slick Philadelphia lawyers are gonna keep up with all the shenanigans that are in play now.

############

BTW Poland has broken with the European union and decided it's OK to import gmo beans.

All this could make my head hurt.  Maybe after I get over being overwhelmed with disgust with the fake manipulation of the grain market by all the citidiots allowed to run rampant in the CBOT market. Kind of a reverse Dutch tulip thing. 

Veteran Advisor

Re: TID BITS

Question is..the tarrif placed on stuff coming
In..which I have seen first hand making
Our costs rise

..what is trump doing with the money ?
Honored Advisor

Cheapie, I am quite sure it will go to some left wing bleeding heart deal the Clintons and obummer set up that can't easily have a wooden stake driven through it.

When you show just a little concern about things like the uranium one deal and the Clinton foundation and obummer bowing down to sand flee Carmel jockeys, and the outright lies of the "affordable care act" you might get some respect here. Till then ....your becoming just a buzzing knat. 

(Even Medicare has three layers of cost)

Veteran Contributor

What does it really matter? We are all screwed in the end by the globalization and financialization of the entire world. Trump complains about the trade deficit, a deficit financed by the US printing worthless paper to trade for foreign manufactured products. US farmers and blue collar workers compete with the lowest cost producer of whatever product you want to name. Everybody has to finance everything they buy or use as an input to produce something so interest has to be paid and the Federal Reserve sets the skim on that.
Veteran Advisor

We have 2.16 gasoline futures and 1.425 ethanol futures.  We have been cutting ethanol usage.  Maybe someone can explain that math to me. Nothing hits the blue collar guy more quickly than higher fuel prices. (Though a long way from $4 gas) Seems the more things change, the more they stay the same. Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Tech, Big Bank, etc.  still running the show.  I honestly don't understand how Trump can defend what Pruitt did and say he is taking care of us...and Grassley..all he had to do was use him power on the judicial committee and those RFS waivers would not have happened. That is how Washington works, you would think after a lifetime in the Senate Grassley would know the rules of the game.  

We all just have to sit and wait for the computer traders to go long. Glad for the earlier better prices. China doesn't have too worry too much, their number one export to us is cell phones, that market is never going to go away. How much is the tariff going to be on all these cell phones (I really don't know, asking..hoping the answer is not none).  Hoping we can get China's manipulation of the dollar corrected if nothing else comes out of the tariff war.

Still just the big money running the show. Enjoy this life each day and be glad you are not part of all that corruption...the politicians are not in charge elcheapo.

If we pull off a 179 national yield as many are calling for with all these high nighttime temps, and places with nitrogen loss from all the rain, we have to say seed has adapted.  Trade seems to know we will have cooler and wetter weather just in time. Eastern Iowa is pushing basis and longer hours...farmers like me are waiting for even lower prices...LOL.

Honored Advisor

Of course" we" will 179 or more...... 

The crop won't matter....... all it has to be is enough to meet most need and tariffs will be blamed for any unsellable shortage.

Prices stay down and we slide into ripping up the best economy in the world and turning the multinational corps into insterments of the new global state.

I'm personally looking to workin with backhoes without borders.

Senior Contributor

Took a road trip down 3 counties deep into MO yesterday.  Soon after leaving Iowa the corn was curled to the top and some yellowing at the bottom and the beans where wilting down. Those farmers are in "a world of hurt." Here,we are starting to dry out after our nearly 14" in June. That trip was made with E-85 fuel.  There are a lot, an increasing amount of E-15 or E-85 pumps around here but I fear a dwindling supply of E-85 flex fuel vehicles that can be purchased.  I'm sure "big oil" loves that trend.

Honored Advisor

That is right, China is going to use "tariff talk" as an excuse to steal our grain, because under "authoritarian capitalism" tariffs that they impose on themselves don`t mean diddly squat.  

I`m going to set up the solution by first telling a true story from a few years ago.  A guy passed away and his son had an auction.   A "cheap" family friend auctioneer was hired, who didn`t advertise very well, didn`t line machinery up and to make matters worse the machinery was junk.  A perfect storm of a poor sale was set up and that`s exactly what happened, things were going cheap and the mood of the small crowd soured making it go even cheaper.

Well when the sale was half over and a obvious disaster, the son called off the auction, he took the microphone and said "this is no longer an auction, it`s a give away" and that was the truth. 

So like it or not, that is probably what is happening with trade in ag commodities to China, it will quickly turn into a "give away".   My solution is embargo China, don`t give them the chance to pull this crap.   They do need our beans, they will have to buy, don`t let them get a deal of the century, ban them from buying beans.   Oh I know I know I know "Jimmy Carter Jimmy Carter".   But China will drive beans down another buck and have a Chestershire grin and cry crocodile tears while they`re buying beans that they must have for $4/bushel cheaper than they would before the scam.

If you hold cheaper beans that China needs off the market, they will have to bid up the world supply prices and you will have Brazil buying US beans to fill their soy obligations to China. 

Flame away.   Smiley Happy

Veteran Advisor

Why are not all vehicles flex fuel?  Not very expensive at all to make them at way. Just shows again big oil is running the show. Funny how wind mills are ok but not flex fuel vehicles.  They just went around the back door to stop more ethanol usage in the U.S.  Far better air quality with ethanol and if you dump a rail car of ethanol, not near the environmental impact of an oil/gasoline/diesel spill.

Can't make this stuff up.

Veteran Advisor

[ Edited ]

Neighbors are starting to compare 2018 to 2012 rainfall in my area, not a good sign at all.  For some that missed some spotty showers, 2018 could actually be currently shorter on moisture than 2012.  Friday will be 4 weeks since I mowed the yard.  Japanese beetles seem to prefer the heat.