cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
7 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: TID BITS

That dark red band of "0-10%" planted is eerily similar to 2013.   See, that goll darned late snow really set things back and now these weekly 2"-3" waterings ain`t helping.   "gravel pits" around here have been mudded in, but boy oh boy the Good Lord really blesses this part of the country with moisture.  If I see Ray J at Vinje having a mushroom and swiss burger, then I know "2013" is here again.   🙂

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

In the first place the FBN poll is going to give you bad data. Anyone participating is probably in the top 50% of producers, thus their results overstate progress in many areas, and probably understate it in the bad areas. For example, Indiana is not nearly as complete as they suggest. 

If you want to use their data, ND and SD are still ahead of the 5 year average. So, what are you worried about? The whole system is built around vs. the 5 year average.

Back to the question, cash corn has rallied close a perfect 90 cents, so it would seem that the trade already has responded to the red areas, while ignoring the green areas........   🙂

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

I have 0% of my corn planted. Normally Im about done. Southern Michigan and northern Indiana are way behind. 

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Looks like a wet period coming up for northern Ohio.  Weatherman from Toledo just predicted rain for the next 7 days.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Wow finally 59° very cloudy, cold NE breeze.

12 hundredths this morning,

Went for a drive about , from Dawson north to hwy 30 started to see planters being filled and quite a few field cultivaters running even making dust.

Shut down from hwy 34 south in my area.
One neighbor called last night need one bag to finish corn, luckily for him I had 2 left that would work I hadn't returned.
(He was hoping to finish before pitch black happened, 4020 and 4 row planter, poor lights.)

I think most corn has been planted, most beans yet to be buried, in the area we drove through.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

95 degrees. Flowers and veggies dying faster than the store can sell them.
0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Driving home from grand-daughters dance thing last night in the Kolacky capital of the world we could see lightning off to the south.

Guess where it was = on top of interstate 90 = AGAIN.

0 Kudos