cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

TID BITS

maybe not a war but one heck of a skirmish.

China to increase tariffs on USA origin ag products including meat products.

The Brazilian land clearing is in overdrive.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/amazon-fires-turn-political-as-bolsonaro-calls-out-macron

The Chinese have almost totally  trashed their country's environment, they now are working on the world's.

We are headed for a economic reset equivalent to the 1930's at this rate.

This will be a way bigger deal then whether I drive a F150 or a Tesla.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: TID BITS

The ONE thing nobody seems to remember about this whole mess is china has been screwing with our ag markets for years.

Doesn't anybody remember them regularly canceling big orders and crashing down the markets?

I remember many wanting something done about it.

Well...

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Here`s a video that EVERYONE should watch to understand the "trade war" and discuss it intelligently.   If someone doesn`t agree with the information given, that is fine, but at least defend your position by explaining why it is wrong. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxN12jzHrqI   

Because of who`s involved as the main characters, it has become political and what I would call "China trolls" have chosen the Chinese side because they don`t like the current US president, for who the hell knows what reasons.  But on the trade issue, this video explains it. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

This was a pretty good synopsis on what issues President Trump is actually trying to resolve with the trade war against the Chinese government:

• "Cyber intrusion into business networks
  •  Forced technology transfers in exchange for market access
  •  Intellectual property theft
  •  Dumping into our markets
  •  State owned enterprises which are heavily subsidized
  •  Currency manipulation
  •  Killing Americans with fentanyl.

These criminal activities are deeply embedded in China's culture, which considers Americans to be barbarians, and so it's doubtful that they could ever be resolved without a war."

http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ww2010.weblog.htm#e190816

Did you know, last year, President Trump withdrew the United States from the UN international postage treaty (Universal Postal Union) because the rules so greatly favored China over Americans.  The UN treaty had granted China special rights as a "developing nation," giving them HUGE shipping discounts that Americans couldn't compete with ...and Trump said, "Hell no."

Under Obama, many of our own military's components were being produced in China.  The Pentagon, with Obama's blessing, waived the ban on Chinese parts on American weapons systems.  Which is fine and dandy...unless the country with the backdoor to your military systems is trying to establish its world domination.

It has been real eye-opening that our only real leverage against China was farm crops because China's markets are so closed to almost everything made by outsiders, while everything here in the US said "Made in China.

So it is hugely obvious that China is using US farmers as hostages to try to force concessions.  And from most of the comments I see here and elsewhere, Americans are gonna vote Democrat next year because, among other mind-numbing reasons, they choose to remain a slave to China. 

Gotta say, though, it's interesting being alive during the time when an empire falls.

Advisor

Just because the Chinese.....

Just because the Chinese are trashing the Amazon it doesn't mean that you have to deliberately contribute to trashing the planet by driving a F150.

What is the immediate proximate reason for the accelerated clearing of the Amazon, namely unacceptable political demands made by the trump administration that China is determined not to be held hostage to. 

The Chinese merchants still want to buy American soybeans but what can they do, they need soybeans, the Brazilians under Bolsanaro,  see the opportunity that the trump administration created for them.

Besides, why use the Chinese behavior to excuse your own?  I drove a Chevy Volt on a 50 mile round trip to town today all on electric.  It cost me 62.5 cents.  The same vehicle using gasoline would cost $3.09.  If I use my Chevy 2500 it would cost $13.75.  I'm guessing your F150 would cost somewhere in between.

Why would anyone want to spend 10-15 times as much to drive a gasoline powered vehicle just to please the petroleum companies and trash the earth?  That's just perverse.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: Just because the Chinese.....

Out of curiosity, what type of power plant provides your electricity?

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

And what's more curious ... on JANUARY 25, 2018 --- BEFORE THE TRADE WAR EVEN STARTED .-- it was reported that China was already transitioning to Brazilian soybeans because American farmers valued yield levels over protein levels

https://farmlead.com/blog/graincents/protein-levels-brazil-beat-us/

So is all this rhetoric from China really just mere BS, because they already planned to buy way less US soybeans due to low protein content?

Honored Advisor

Just got back last Sun evening from a 5200+ mile road trip to Whisler Canada.

Lots of teslas on west coast.

Didn't see any plugins in Riggins Idaho or anywhere north and east of there.

I'm sure you could find room for the 600 pounds of seed I brought home in the volt.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

@Hobbyfarmer wrote:

I'm sure you could find room for the 600 pounds of seed I brought home in the volt.

@Hobbyfarmer wrote:

I’m the 2nd coming of god, I’m the chosen one, the King of Israel.  If you even know what you guys are supporting  .  Wow it is the base that needs serious psychological help.  Anyone who ever speaks like this belongs in a facility far away from any people to influence. They make electric trucks and vans as well.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Here`s from the liberal Snopes, Illinifarmer

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-second-coming-king-israel/   

Claim

On Aug. 21, 2019, U.S. President Donald Trump articulated a belief that he is "the chosen one," the "King of Israel," or the "second coming of God."

Rating

Mostly False
About this rating 

What's True

In a brief aside during remarks about the ongoing U.S.-China trade war, Trump said "I am the chosen one."

What's False

Trump's "chosen one" aside was likely tongue-in-cheek, not a sincere profession of any belief in his own messianic status. Separately, in a series of tweets, Trump quoted a radio host who claimed Jewish people in Israel admired the U.S. president so greatly that it was as though Trump were the King of Israel or the second coming of Christ. Trump never himself articulated any such belief.

0 Kudos