cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

Re: TID BITS

If she is right sw and I, not to mention many others, will be SOL.   If it persists like she indicates, my career as a corn farmer will be short lived. And with the continued effectiveness and availability of chemicals for weed control it may be hello sweep plow and wheat/fallow rotation again 

0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Veteran Advisor

Yesterday was the 4th time in 16 days I dumped a little over an inch out of the gage.

Rain forecasted thru Wednesday and then again Friday/Saturday.

Coolest night temp is 40 Wednesday morning.  Might see 70 and some sun Sunday/Monday.

Corn on the hills has turned but low ground still mostly green.

Beans just starting to show some color. 

A few 4 bean pods scattered around but the beans are not too big.

0 Kudos
nitefarm
Advisor

Thanks for all the information. I believe for the first time in 45 years we will avenge 200 bu . or better on our corn   The beans acres are split pretty evenly between full season and DC. I have never been very good at guessing bean yields but I think they are all going to be very good, we have never been dry all year , in fact we have had way above moisture all year. I believe western Ky will have the best crop in decades. I sure feel for all the people that have had problems with weather this year. We took some donated  hay to Lousiana last  week and when we pulled up to unload I saw five round bales burning and I didn’t understand why until we were eating the breakfast that the young mother prepared for us while her husband was unloading our trucks. Through the heartbreak of talking about the events that had happened in the last few days of the hurricane she said that they had to make a decision on whether to sacrifice feed for the protection that the smoke from the burning hay provided from the mosquitos since they were so thick that their 2 bulls had suffocated the morning on the day that we left. It was especially hard on her since she raised one on the bottle from a calf.  Eleven neighbors brought them their livestock because they were on higher ground. They had 70+ head on 17 acres. Don’t really know why I am telling this other than to illustrate just one of the differences between most county way of life and what is going on in a lot of the cities that make the nightly news. What does the largest portion of this post have to do with marketing?  Nothing at all other than hopefully to make us all remember how lucky we are and realize that there’s a lot more to life than what’s going on in our little part of our country. 

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Finally got a rain. One inch even in the super duper rain gauge.

About froze this morning, not used to 48°with a wind chill doing chores.

Definitely should have had something more than a t shirt and long sleeve shirt on.

Think I'd been old enough to know that by now.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

China will buy 40mmt from US in 2020?  

Wow.  Left will need to burn down a major city to counter that good news for us and trump.

lets hear the quick response from the Biden team.  ..…….      ............. ????

0 Kudos
popspoppe
Frequent Contributor

40MMT of what is China going to buy? I'm getting way blue holding my breath waiting for China. 

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Take a breath.

Beans are $9.61 cash in DM

Over $9.50 fall delievered

There is no crop disaster here.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

— it said corn. Popp didn’t read the articles 

three typhoons have destroyed more than that much corn in China.  They have been buying every week for quite a while.  Wake up out of that DNC hang over.  It is the one thing pundits are right about. In the long run supply and demand determine the trend.  If we don’t need corn it is worthless.  If we need it, can’t substitute for it, and don’t have it price is too high to afford —- anyway the trend for beans and corn is up  it’s important to know why to market .

@popspoppe wrote:

40MMT of what is China going to buy? I'm getting way blue holding my breath waiting for China. 

K