Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

TID BITS

Jump to solution

Beans in the teens this morning

In Des Moines.

Needed income this side of Jan 1.

Been laid low for last 13 days with covid.

Yes it was confirmed.

Wife spent sunday morning in ER

We both got an infusion yesterday.

Neighbor has been running my semi helping out.

Been having care packages left at the back door.

Another nieghbor has hayed the cattle.

Would be hard pressed to have a better nieghborhood than this one.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: TID BITS

Jump to solution

The biggest threat we have is the false information that is professed ..... very little good testing done before the politicians grab it and start preaching.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
erikjohnson61y
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

Hobby - Our neighbors got covid earlier this fall. They also got the infusion, and were on the mend in about 24 hours, and back to their routine (tired, but back at it) in 3-4 days. Hope your experience is the same and you can have a Merry Christmas! And don't forget, it is not just a blessing for you to have neighbors like that, it is a blessing for them to be able to help you, too. Service to others in their time of need is good for the heart and soul.

Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

Hobby, glad you are still with us. Just an observation, it seems like those in the 50 to 70 crowd are getting hit hard with covid. Those that are still actively working but getting close to retirement age that don't believe they are elderly enough to be vaccinated. Two guys in my area died and another is now on a ventilator because of covid, all in their 50's. I haven't got my covid shot yet, but I am in my late 30's and I'm still waiting to see what long term side-effects might come from the vaccines. I hope you and the Mrs get well soon.

0 Kudos
Wind
Advisor

Jump to solution

Having good neighbors is the reward for being a good neighbor. It almost always works and if it doesn't, being a good neighbor is still the right thing to do.  Keep those TID BITS coming.

Had some young Christmas Carolers come the other evening and after their singing  gave us a plate of irresistible cookies which no doubt shot our blood sugar up, but we are doing fine.  Hang in there.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

BTW, only one of the approved experimental antibody treatments looks promising on Omicron and supplies will be limited.

I’m glad for anyone who has benefitted, but don’t expect that lifeline in the coming months.

Get vaccinated and exercise caution.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

BTW, over a year and 4B shots seems sufficient to prove the safety profile.

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

Sd56, some side effects may take months or years to show up. When I was in the military I was vaccinated against nearly everything. I refused the anthrax vaccine, those who didn't have to be monitored for the rest of their lives. I however didn't get so lucky when it came to the anti-malaria drug Methloquine. We were ordered to take a pill every Monday for the entire Afghanistan deployment. At the time the drug made me sick to my stomach and have mild hallucinations while sleeping. Fast forward a number of years and Methloquine is banned because of neurological problems in soldiers. I have lost more friends to suicide than combat, and in February I have an appointment at the VA Neurology to test my memory, I believe that drug is responsible for a lot of these problems. Do not trust a greedy government handing out vaccines or ANYTHING for free.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

"Drugs" are, by nature, poisons, just dosed so as to have a biological effect without killing you.

That's why vaccines are much preferable as a general prospect.

Natural immunity.

The risk profile on this cluster of diseases vs. the vaccine is hands down.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

If you're worried abourt getting your brain scrambled any further then getting vaccinated is a hands down slam dunk.

Persistent brain fog is the most commonly described long Covid symptom.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

The biggest threat we have is the false information that is professed ..... very little good testing done before the politicians grab it and start preaching.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos